libskater

Sep 26, 2003
Just a week or two ago, I had my local Kawasaki dealer replace all the bearings and seals in the crankcase of my 91' kdx 200. The reason I was having the work done is because my water pump seal was bad and I got antifreeze in my oil then the bike started making a whirring noise. Beforehand, my bike was really quiet. Now, close to $800 later my bike is still making a whirring noise from the right sidecase. The only parts i didnt replace were the kicker gear and all its pieces, the kicker idler gear and the bushing in it, and the clutch basket. The whirring noise doesnt fade when you increase the revs either. It just keeps getting louder. I pulled the sidecase off after I started it and heard the noise, to look for a problem. The only things that I can find is that the kicker idler has some play on the shaft it sits on, the kicker gear has some play too, and the little bearing in the right case half that the water pump shaft sits in is kind of rough. Right now im just seeing my $800 expense as a waste because I still have the same problem. If you have any insight on this let me know. Thanks

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I don't know if this model year has the same problem, but my 03 needs the oil level run high to keep mechaneical nise down. The dealer would have filled it, maybe they under filled it?

est142

Dec 30, 2003
well ,the seal had to be replaced, so you didnt waste the money. take it back to the dealer and tell them it didnt make the sound before their lower end job. ask them to listen to it and tell you what they think it is.

Top Bottom