eric gorr 99kx125 big bore first ride

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
i rode the 99kx125 for the first time today with a brand new 144 kit from eric gorr set up for race fuel i didn't check off any kind of powerband and his sheet i just told him to make it "faster and easer to ride".fist off let me tell you what i thought of the bike before the big bore kit,i am heavy for a 125 and i had a very hard time keeping this bike on the pipe i had to rev it to the moon and even then sometimes when i dumped the clutch it would fall off the pipe and even when it was in its powerband it was nothing to great.this feels like a different bike what a differance!the bike is so easy to keep on the pipe now just twist and your in powerband and it hits hard with some nuts behind it!if you have an underpowered 125 this mod is for you and you don't have to be an expert for it to help you because it makes the bike easyer to keep on the pipe i am very happy.it seems like it revs just about as high as before but it revs through the rpms so quick now because of the power increase you have to shift more (not that i am complaning that the bike has so much power it revs really fast)but i am going to go up one tooth of the front sproket (the bike had three teeth add to stock rear because it had no balls before) and i'm sure it will pull it fine with the bigger sproket and also help so i don't have to shif so much (and the bike had crap for top speed)i'll post the results in a week or so.as far as jetting i went down 1 size on the main (to a 155) and one size on the power jet (to a 48) and the bike seems like a little rich still on the pilot and maybe the main but the 1/4-3/4 seems right on i'm sure the bike will go even better once its leaned out a bit.thanks eric

i also did a 2002 cr250 with the mo-better for race fuel but haven't ridden it yet i will post the results when i do.

Top Bottom