JETPRO_X

Sep 6, 2000
So the dealer tells me for the past two months that the Gnarly "Woods" pipe is back ordered till May 20th :rolleyes: ordered in January. Talk to Jeff Fredette and read the posts that convince me that I should go with the REV pipe.(THE DEALER CAN GET THAT PIPE). So things are looking up. What shows up but a @#!@!!# WOODS PIPE!! And to boot the Turbine Core silencer is a not there but a ISDE Silencer is. :mad:
My question is this a spark arrestor or not?
This ISDE is not a current model so I can't get any info from the FMF web page.
Should I use the Woods pipe or wait?

And by the way Two Wheel Motorsport who did my engine rebuild, put back a stock piston instead of a Wiesco.Do you think they should come good on putting the right piston in the motor? (it has not been ran yet)

I wonder if all Canadian dealers and suppliers are this stupid or am I just lucky!

------------------
2000 KDX 220 "My current obsession"
1986 Ninja 1000R black
1990 JS 550 Jet Ski
1999 750 SXI Jet Ski
1987 Toyota 4Runner Chevy 350 TPI AND 44'S

I'm probably a lot faster than you think you are

[This message has been edited by JETPRO_X (edited 04-20-2001).]

Sure Shot

Aug 20, 2000
Yes Canadian distribitors are useless. I had a FMF silencer ordered for my 98 220 for three months thru two seperate dealers (Motovan, and Kimpex.) all they seemed to be able to tell me was that the backorder date just kept getting pushed furthur along. I should have known better as a buddy of mine ordered a FMF last may and did not get it till december (Whats up with that?) So fine I say I'll order a procircut silencer, call up parts Canada on Monday ask if they have one, they say yes we have one in stock so I order it. Thursday comes around still no silencer so I call parts Canada again now they tell me that it is on back order untill May 18, are these people all morons or what. Sorry about this Dave I know that complaints should go to the Flame board but I just wanted my fellow Canadian KDXer to know that he is not the only one getting screwed by the after market companys. I have been into bikes for 18 years and am used to the whole industry and how slow it can be, but when some one tells you that they have something in stock I expect to get it. If any one has an E-mail for Parts Canada I would appreciate it so that i could give them a piece of my mind. I feel that our riding season is short up here in the great white north there is no need to keep us away from the sport that we all love so much.
Jetpro, If you asked for a weisco piston I would make them fix it or get a quarante if the motor goes south.

------------------
"Born and bred to rip and shred"
98 KDX 220R
92 Yamaha TDM 850

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
Can't you guy's order from US dealers or staight from FMF? a pipe ordered in 1-01 should not just be showing up, that a pretty extreme turn around time. I like the rev pipe myself, as for lowend, a rad valve & higher compression will take care of that. if the engine is stock then the stock piston will work for a while, but the wiseco is better and costs less. if you asked for a wiseco piston prior to the rebuild, then the dealer should honor that with no extra charge to you. many US website's won't ship out of the country due the credit card software and online fraud protection, but if you place a phone order they should ship it to you, and a lot faster than 3 months.

------------------
Sage Wilkinson

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
JetPro double check the pipe and confirm what you have. The KG-30 is the Rev pipe and the KG-35 the torque pipe. There can be some confusion between the two. FMF calls the KG-30 the rev pipe for the KDX200 but the trq pipe for the 220. FMF doesn’t market the KG-35 to KDX220 owners because there’s no meaning power increase at upper rpms over the stock pipe so if you where to ask them they’d tell you there is only one pipe for the 220.

Chances are good the back order is at FMF rather than your reseller. FMF had KG-35 torque pipes back ordered for months last year. If they are unable to supply your dealer your dealer can’t supply you.

If you requested a Wiseco piston that’s what you should have got. A shop like TWR isn’t going to be familiar enough with KDX220s to know a Wiseco is required so the ball was/is in your hands to specify the parts you want. If they are kind enough to take back the stock piston I’d take them up on their offer given the extra strain you’ll be placing on the piston.

Parts Canada’s web site is www.partscanada.com

David

------------------
Let's bust big . . . I don't think so. Let's bust bark! Now you're talking!

www.justkdx.dirtrider.net

Last edited:

JETPRO_X

Sep 6, 2000
Guy's once again thanks for the help. It is a KG35 pipe. It has 020056 marked on the upper bracket this corsponds with the numbers on FMFs' web site. Kimpex refers to a a K-35 only. As for the piston I had TWR do the porting and head work and had not asked for them to do a new top end. They took it upon themselves to install one.(I did not know that one was needed and they did not ask if i wanted one. I did agree to pay for the work because, I was convinced by the mechanic that served me when I picked up the motor that it needed to be done)

------------------
2000 KDX 220 "My current obsession"
1986 Ninja 1000R black
1990 JS 550 Jet Ski
1999 750 SXI Jet Ski
1987 Toyota 4Runner Chevy 350 TPI AND 44'S

I'm probably a lot faster than you think you are

[This message has been edited by JETPRO_X (edited 04-21-2001).]

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
I'd talk to the dealer and diplomatically suggest that if the engine needed a new piston they should have called you before installing the parts to advise you of the fact. That not only would give you the opportunity to give the work the thumbs up or thumbs down but also specify what piston your wanted to use. Talk to them and get a feel for whether they are willing to take the piston back and replace it for a Wiseco. I think a fair deal would be to have them swap the piston and you pay for the gaskets.

On the pipe. . . what kind of riding do you do and in what kind of conditions. Can you describe your riding " style" and what kind of power delivery you are hoping the mods will give you? Both pipes will work on your bike but the difference in power delivery is more obvious on the 220 as opposed to the 200.

Davie

Top Bottom