chewgravel

Aug 28, 2004
Just got a price from the local dealer for an 05 kdx220, $5013.00 otd. (We have 7% sales tax here). This price includes the 4 year extended waranty. Has any one needed this? Im thinking its just another way for the dealer to make a buck. Im going to find a couple of more quotes, The sales dept is good locally but forget the service dept. You practially have to wrap your knuckles on their heads to get their attention. Maybe they dont like women... :)

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
I paid $ 3 999.00 for my '05 KDX 220 R, I don't know how much the warranty is but for a 1/4 of the price tag seems a bit high. Some folks just won't go without the warrantys though.

2wheeler

Dec 9, 2004
I have never heard of a 4 year waranty on any dirt bike. I would check what this covers and what it don't. I bet you will be surprised and looking at other places.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I have never seen a waranty that covers a bike that is going to be raced, so when you do have a claim, they say you raced it, and denie you any coverage... IMO the warranty is a waste of money and just lines the pocket of the dealership.

Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
That price does seem a tad high but you didn't mention if (along with the sales tax and extended warranty) they also added all the other dealer prep, licensing and other whacky fees they always seem to have... WIth all that factored in then I'd say (for California at least) that was a pretty decent price otd :)

I haven't heard of a four year warranty, but I got a three year warranty on my 04 KDX for $260... Maybe it was a waste, but heck, it didn't seem like so much for 3 years... Something like the CDI unit going bad is not extremely rare, and that's not cheap to replace, and its not like they're going to say "You're Rev Pipe caused that!" :) and then there's the ongoing saga of the KDX-220 exploding pistons :)

Since the default warranty is only a few months, I went for the extended... If the warranty had been a year, I would not have gotten it, since if something was going to go dreadfully wrong, it probably would have in the first year of riding...

Good luck in your searching!

Feanor

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom