Apr 7, 2001
Figured that i should start a Topic to pick out the Top guys who you think will arise this Season.

Jeremy McGrath?
Did all the Offseason Training pay off?

Ricky Carmichael?
Well...Yeah...Nothin to Say here...:think

Kevin Windham
Hard to place him, Isnt it?

Travis Pastrana?
Can He master the Bike and Stay on it this year?

Mike LaRocco?
He's got the Speed, Endurace and Skill, Can they all come together and make him cream of the crop?

Ezra Lusk?
Kawasaki...Bad Luck...Will it Work...Future Announcer Statement "Ezra Moves through the whoops..but, Oh no! It seems that Ezra's engine has fallen off the frame! and..The radiators are spewing coolant while his rear wheel loses spoke after spoke"

Tim Ferry?
He picked up a Win in the Nationals, will it come over to the SX series?

Bubba Stewart?
I do think he's scheduled to race the 125's..East or West im not sure, but will his talents pass over to the Pro's?

Mike Brown?
Let's hope he doesnt flip anyone off...

Grant Langston?
His Rear wheel spokes will be REAL tight this year...

So Many more, Tell us your picks and why

PS
Ok i felt like writing an Article :think

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
There will be more winners this year. Windham should be able to pull at least one off, Travis will be strong at Daytona, and if it gets muddy anywhere, my man Dowd will be on top! (oh, that's right, he's doing the 125 thing :confused: )

I hope LaRocco pulls one out this year, and after seeing Ferry at Salt Lake last year, he may have one coming as well.

Lusk? pshaw!

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
My SX picks for posterity

1. RC
2. Pastrana
3. MC
4. Windham

125 W

4 or 5 Bubba.

Last edited:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Yall fantasy guys takin notes, cause this is the way it'll end....

1. RC
2. K-dub
3. MC
4. LaRocco
5. Pastrana
6. Ferry

Lusk will be somewhere around 8 or so.

I'm telling yall, this is finally K-dub's year. He's gonna finally step it up, and, while he won't beat the Leprechaun, he will be quite close. I'm thinking within 20 points.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
This year Honda will find out you can't buy the #1 plate you have to earn it and in SX it's earned and owned by Jeremy! He may loan it out from time to time but the kingdom called Supercross is his. Little Red will make an interesting show of it with a few wins, some aggressive moves and lots of tears. Special K or Red Dawg will be there more often than they have in the past. Travis will come on like gang busters early then have a mental block to staying upright.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by Patman
This year Honda will find out you can't buy the #1 plate you have to earn it and in SX it's earned and owned by Jeremy! He may loan it out from time to time but the kingdom called Supercross is his. Little Red will make an interesting show of it with a few wins, some aggressive moves and lots of tears. Special K or Red Dawg will be there more often than they have in the past. Travis will come on like gang busters early then have a mental block to staying upright.

I don't think Pastrana will start playing with his mental blocks until the outdoor season. He looked real good in the US open, his minor crash in the whoops looked more from fatigue than anything else to me. He had just started practicing again a couple weeks before and certianly wasn't in top shape. Riding with Windham will be good for Travis.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Only an injury will stop RC. McGrath will never outwork him, and there very close talent wise. The difference is RC's willing to risk it a little more. Hopefully a few more guys will get in there and mix it up!

Battered Sav

~SPONSOR~
Nov 16, 2000
Dunno, kind of hoping Jer does well this year, never really liked Ricky for some reason, best of luck to him though.
On a different note, keep an eye out for Chad Reed, finished second, and was still improving, in his rookie year in world mx, and I'm nearly sure he prefers to ride sx.

PWDAD

~SPONSOR~
Oct 6, 2000
2002 Picks

1. RC - He will take it again
2. MC - He wil be strong and the races will be close
3. K-Dub - Kevin looked strong outdoors and if he put in some work he will challenge RC and MC weekly
4. Ferry - Tim looks goo and the YZF is dialed in
5. Larocket - always fast always strong
6. Roncada - I think Ronron will step it up this season
7. Lusk - Lusk needs some could things to happen
8. Vill - I think DV will be strong and fast, looked good overseas
9. Travis - 1st year in the 250 will be tough K-Dub will help Travis develop
10.Tortelli - just better outdoors (my opinion)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
WOW!!! This is a really funny thread to read 6 races into the SX series! What an exciting season it has been so far!!

250's:

Vuillemin - big points lead, 3 wins, ALL podiums, on fire!
MC - very, very disappointing... can't crack top 5
Windham - maybe a top 10 season finish
Ferry - injury after injury
Travis - running some of the fastest laps... but riding like RC in '00 SX
Tortelli - returning this weekend
Lusk - seen the ground a bunch
RC - adapting to being "little red" & making a charge
Larocco - started off season fast now settling in but still in contention
Ramsey - riding 450 well... consistent top 5 finisher
Ronron - 2 podiums in a row
Bryne/Reed/Fonseca/Wey/Huffman/Roy/Voss - all have beaten MC

125 W - 5 races and 4 winners:

Bubba - blazing speed coupled with small rookie mistakes
Thain - was in contention... now out until Nationals
Preston/Tedesco - consistent top 5's
Sellards/Ping - inconsistent but threats to win
Buckelew/D. Smith - can't find their '01 speed

125 E - 1 race down many to go:

Reed - 125 class rookie wins first race
Langston - starting off way in the hole
Brown - fast and in the championship hunt
Antunez - surprised some riding Indy like an oversized AX
Ward/Dowd - will be consistently near top 5

Last edited:

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Hey this looks like fun, I'll play;

250SX 1. RC, I think he feels he has to.
2. DV fast, smooth and consistent
3. The Rock still amazing
4. TP i also think he'll win one.
5. Windham, he stil needs head work.
6. Lusk unfulfilled potentail and deserves better luck.
7. MC I just think he's left it too late to make a charge,(hope I'm wrong)
125 west
1. Bubba, dang he's fast!
2. Preston, dang he's consistent
3. Tedesco, he's my homie!

125 East
1. Brown
2. Budman (surprising)
3. Langston
BTW Nikiki, dead right about Travis I think he will be the next big thing for sure.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
He's not my pick, but who is this Robbie Horton guy that just finished 3rd in the 125 Heat race? I started looking back at this dude's history--he has been very successful, but I haven't heard much.

His bike is sweet. A black, white & orange CR125 with "snowcross" across the tank. He's a privateer. Cool stuff.

Don't have much to add to this thread--cuz ya can never tell what's gonna happen!:)

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Looks like DV and Roncada are the two biggest surprises for the DRN crowd. Especially Roncada -- nobody's list. Guess he might have a big ol' message for us . . . . :moon:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Truth be told, Ronron is easy to get ahold of and talk to. He's as accessible as Destry Abbott. I emailed him several weeks ago, congratulating him on his riding this year. Also asked him about RC's comments about the KX and lack of Kawasaki's commitment to R&D--for whatever it's worth, he said it's b.s. and that RC's "an idiot"--ha,ha. It was kind of funny. I'll post his email if anyone's interested.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Yeah Roncada's been a big surprise, along with Fonseca, now that the Rock is out I may have to add one of them to my picks, JK. Hey nephron, I think I remember Horton form one of the Terrafirma (3or4?) videos in a segment with Metzger, I think he's from your neck of the woods, ks.

Top Bottom