fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
So should we just leave it up to the clubs to determine the number of trophies they want to hand out?

I think so. It is hard to put a value on the cost of the donated trophies. We have club members who spend a lot of time cleaning, fixing and installing new tags on trophies. I do not want the job, So to me the value is priceless.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
fatherandson said:
It is hard to put a value on the cost of the donated trophies. We have club members who spend a lot of time cleaning, fixing and installing new tags on trophies. I do not want the job, So to me the value is priceless.

I'm guessing my question regarding trophy cost may have been misinterpreted. I think you may have some that might consider a donation to help a club offset the cost of trophies.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I did think you were asking for the cost of new trophies or attempting to put a value on used trophies. Any donation would be appreciated. We have had some businesses who have made monetary donations to FES, but they were related to event T shirts. I am not sure how you would manage monetary donations. It my be easiest to make a donation to a club and specify that it is for trophies for the family events.

In the past LMC has not had to provide an incentive for donations. Jeff Fredette did not have the supply that LMC has acquired over the years.
Any suggestions would be welcomed. However, LMC does not support the limiting of trophies at the FES events.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
no worries F&S - LMC can have my meager collection of trophies. I will bring them to trailfest, if that works. As for incentive surely you jest - row selection has little do to with my mediocre results :p. Can't help but stir the pot on this one :) . Entry fees at least for me are a small drop in the bucket when it comes down to the cost of running the series.

Thanks for the suggestion on how to make a donation. :cool:

Last edited:

Z-8

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 25, 2005
Hey grade600 this is Brandons dad. It's good to see you here!
You should think about bringing the family over for Trailfest, I think you would really enjoy it.
KDX633, You should consider Trailfest also. Lots of fun! :cool:
Alright I'll quit hijacking this thread.
I kinda liked the school age groups, middle and high school ages. The schools should have plenty of experience grouping kids. Just a thought.
RUSS

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Z-8 said:
I kinda liked the school age groups, middle and high school ages. The schools should have plenty of experience grouping kids. Just a thought.RUSS

me thought so too... although the credit goes to my son.... for coming up with the idea. On the other hand Smit-dog's proposal #3 was excellent and for that matter all his proposals were very well thought out. FES is so pure!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hopefully, no surprises...we are removing the displacement classifications and using ages.

Buddy
4-8 years old
9-11
12-13
14-15
Womens 11-15
Womens 16+
16-19
20-29
30-39
40 +

We will be using your age on 1/1/2007 for the entire year.

We should have more events this year and the plan would be to allow some "drops". For example, we would count the best 5 placings out of 7 events. I am expecting two events in Indiana and maybe one in Illinois.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I like the classes Mike! :cool: I did not recall the 16-19 bracket ...but i think it is on the money vs the 16+ used before. No displacement sure makes it simpler as well! Setting age on a specific date also clarifies things. Pat yourself on the back!

Top Bottom