Family Ride / Newbie Ride at Hollister Feb 4th

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
For anyone intersted in joining up at Hollister Hills (CA) on Saturday February 4th, it will be a great opportunity to meet new riding friends, learn the Hollister Trail system and bring the whole family. This is hosted by the South Bay Riders Club. Please click on the link below to read more and to post of your intent to join in the fun!

CLICK HERE! HOLLISTER HILLS FAMILY RIDE INFO!

Saturday Febuary 4th 2006
Hollister Hills OHV
Radio Ridge Parking Area
10 AM

:ride: :ride: :ride: :ride:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Kav, did you see this? You should come up for this - bring the mini !

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I will be there with the Mini in tow :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Heard a little rumor that Kiwi and Eduardo Fortunado may come up for this ride!!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Well, Kav and I had a total blast and met a lot of new friends and even saw some old friends (RockyRoads, Kimmylion, Lacy, Pierre, Jennifer, Mike Krynock, Heidi, etc..)

Kav drove up to Modesto the night before and we hung out and got the bikes loaded and all our gear ready. It looked funny to have my 400 next to Kav's mini in the back of the truck :rotfl: Luckily, a nice rider from South Bay Rider's Club had answered my call out for anyone with a beater/loaner bike for Kav or he would be confined on the trails to the Mini! A great KX250 was lent by "OhJimmy" all for the price of bringing our own gas. Su-Weet!!!!

So we hit the road for Hollister at about 6:30, stop for gas and Starbucks for me and Mountain Dew for Kav. We get to Hollister at 8:30 ish and there are quite a few people from the club already there. Many people had camped the night before. Kept thinking we would see Rickyd but didn't (Where were you??)

After some introduction and saying hello, we find out where our group leaders are and get a group number to tape to the back of our helmets. We have a group meeting to talk about safety, hand signals, roles of the sweeps, condition of trails etc.

Our group heads out with about 7 of us in tow. We ride a fun mix of blue.green trails, there's some slick snotty muddy sections (Wheeeee!) and some trails through the trees and some fun uphill stuff. We do two loops of about 14 or 15 miles. It's a really kickback ride, no stress, no major speed, just everyone having a good time. The people that I'm riding with are mainly streetbike riders and most are new to dirt. I had a total blast. Our group Leader, Aussie Rob did a great job of keeping track of everyone and coaching the newer riders through mud, etc.

After the ride, everyone went out for more trails with new friends on their own. I hung out in the pits and talked to some of my new riding friends and we talked about putting together another "all chicks" ride soon. Grasshopper and Tyler have rode at Stonyford, so I got the scoop on another SBR group ride as well.

Mike Krynock (rode Dakkar) was on hand to help people with their suspension and other woes. He fixed my steering stabilizer, which had somehow come "undone". :ohmy:

I rode around on Kav's mini for the first time and couldn't stop giggling as I rode around Radio Ridge. Fun! We took off back to Modesto around 3 pm and decided to go shopping at Barnes and Noble for a new CD (Jem) and to Bed Bath and Beyond for waste baskets - no one seemed to mind that we were still in our moto gear :ride:

Props to Mightslip and his wife Heidi and others for organizing the ride. This is the second annual Family/Newb ride and it was well thought out. I really appreciated getting to know more people and making new friends :cool:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
GETMETOCA said:
Well, . Kept thinking we would see Rickyd but didn't (Where were you??)

I had completely forgot about this ride :( I wouldnt of been able too make it though, i got something wrong w/my leg, need too go too the Docs tommorrow..
If you do go too Stonyford, i'd be interested.. I rode there once and want too go back.. I had my ride there last Thanksgiving cut short..

Thanks Nat,
Rick

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Sounds like you had a great time!!! I really wish I had been able to come up for this one. Where is Stonyford and is that where the next chickride will be? Or will it be at Hollister? I'm interested if it is at Hollister and may even be able to bring up a few other gals!

Petra

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Petra, it (the chick's ride) will probably be at Hollister like last year. Stonyford will most likely be a SBR's group camp out and ride but I will let you know more when I hear when it will be!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Hollister on Saturday was a blast. With my YZ out of commission (Still :( ) GETMETOCA was able to score me an older KX250 to ride for the day. Although I did take the Mini with me. GETMETOCA, Rocky Roads a very large group of riders of all ages took to the hills of Hollister. The weather was great for most of the day save for some rain that tried to ruin one of my loops. I ended up having to take my goggles and glasses off to ride. One nice thing about the ride was that it was very well set up. Every one went into groups of 5-7 riders each and did a 15-mile loop. After my loop on the KX I hopped onto the mini and took off on pretty much the same trails, just in a different order. I tell you what; it’s a heck of a lot harder on the mini. I still feel like I got beat down. And I mean bad. I did get a few of the other riders to try out the mini, once I talked them into it. :laugh:

Afterwards GETMETOCA and I headed over to Bed Bath and Beyond to get some stuff. I didn’t even think I was going to make it into the store since I was still covered in mud.

Top Bottom