Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Both marks are foreign exotics. Regarding top of the line offerings, the Ferrari is more rare and most desirable IMHO. The F-series Ferrari buyers are selected by the factory and must pass certain criteria including previous ownership of at least two new Ferraris. I do not believe America is a serious player in the exotic car market - certainly not the Ford, Chevy or Dodge products previously identified.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Solid State said:
I do not believe America is a serious a player in the exotic car market - certainly not the Ford, Chevy or Dodge products previously identified.
I guess that depends on where you live. If you are in central Africa then a lot of things might seem exotic :laugh: I suppose it also might have a bit to do with what is considered "exotic". Performance? Looks? Number of cylinders? Materials used? Production numbers? Because not so long ago some ordinary cars from US manufacturers moped the floor with some of those "exotic" brands.

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
The best way for me to explain would be to say that the Chevy and Dodge are mass produced American muscle cars. The Ford is a major step up due to much lower production volumes - but it's, well, a Ford! The Ferrari is ultra rare, hand made and unobtainable by virtually everyone even if you had the money. That's pretty much the definition of exotic. Don't get me wrong, the muscle car has it's place, but the original question was between two exotics.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So then an Aston Martin Vanquish S or even a DB9 would also be considered an exotic. Or are they excluded because they are..... Ford owned? Personally I'd take either one over the listed "exotics" and have what is very likely a more exclusive ride that requires less up keep and leave more bucks in the bank. Of course I'd have to spend some of that money on a bigger shop and paving the road to my house.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Chili said:
I'd imagine this is a real concern for most Lamborghini and Ferarri owners :rotfl: :rotfl:

Are you saying that people who own these vehicles, don't have budgets :ohmy: :laugh:

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
76GMC1500 said:
What about that new Corvette GM is supposed to be releasing. It's going to be something around 650hp and 2800lbs and for only $100,000. This is comared to a Lambo's 500hp and portly 4000lbs.

the Lambo Gallardo has 520HP and is slightly more than 2000lbs. and the Murceilago has 580HP( the LP640 version has 640HP :yikes: ) and is a little heavier. the Gallardo is $180,000 and the Murceilago is $270,000. know what youre bashing before hand :nener: .

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Patman said:
So then an Aston Martin Vanquish S or even a DB9 would also be considered an exotic. Or are they excluded because they are..... Ford owned? Personally I'd take either one over the listed "exotics" and have what is very likely a more exclusive ride that requires less up keep and leave more bucks in the bank. Of course I'd have to spend some of that money on a bigger shop and paving the road to my house.

They are exotics due to bloodline and rarety. The Ford GT has "FORD" written down the side of it - pretty much screaming it's a Ford. It is however, America's entry into the exotic market and is a very sweet ride - just not nearly as sweet as the Ferarri F IMHO. I would assume the two vehicles you mentioned would be much less desirable if they were rebaged as Fords. I think ownership matters, but it's impact depends on the extent of interference with the product as seen by the potential buyer.

By the way, I've seen two of the GTs in the neighborhood - never seen a Ferrari F. They all look great, but couldn't imagine actually owning an exotic. Too much money, too many tickets and too much attention. I read an article that the world's ultra rich do not care for exotics. Seems they are not practical!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Bah ...
An exotic that can be a daily driver? Here's mine:

MB SLR McLaren

Attachments

• mb.jpg
    mb.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 86
  • mb2.jpg
    mb2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 87

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
loudandproud said:
5.4 Liters of supercharged F-150 motor in a car... how sweet is that.

it isn't sweet when you have to Fix Or Repair Daily. :nener:

i'd gladly take the Ferrari. lambo's are more cosmetic in my opinion.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
The short box Chevy with a 454 was about the fastest production vehicles for a while in the 70's. My short box GMC with a slightly warmed up 350 runs low 15's with 3.07 gears and a stock stall converter. If I put some 3.73's in it, it would probably be deep in to the 14's.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
Well the new Vet has 550 horses with a top speed of 198 mph, if I was into cars thats what Id have but I have to say give me a loaded Chevy duely with a duromax diesel.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
If you want a real exotic, check out Bugatti, the reason that I dont have one is because of the country of origin. :laugh:

Yep thats my story!

Check this out, and it is considered an exotic, in my home town anyways.

Attachments

• DSCF0121.jpg
    DSCF0121.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 75

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
around here, thats a tuner car. exotics usually consist of non-American brands with more than 500HP. you know im playing with you, but that be a tuner :cool: ( a nice looking tuner at that). have you ever seen the Saturn SKY beside that car, kinda hard to tell the difference. both are good cars, though.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
kawicam250 said:
dont know where you heard that, but the 07' Z06, when last i looked, had 500HP and i think the top speed was something like 165MPH.

There's supposed to be a new SS Corvette coming that is more than a Z06.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
gwcrim said:
There's supposed to be a new SS Corvette coming that is more than a Z06.

just googled it, it looks almost exactly like a ZO6, but the engine is supposed to be awesome. i guess this is Chevy's answer to the 600HP Viper coming out in a couple of months( its listed as an 08' model, Dodge didnt realease an 07' Viper).

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
This one will be naturally aspirated, too.
Of course.. that's the American way. Uh.. except for the 1980's :p , think Turbo K cars.

I actually bought 4 chances in Mega Millions for tonight, lol ... that's my "play once every 6 months" lotto purchase. Tell ya what, if I win the $267, I send everyone that posted in this thread so far, a grand to put towards your exotic car :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom