SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I just don't get the appeal of these exotic cars. If you drive on public roads, you're going to end up getting a suspended license (atleast up here if you get enough tickets, you're done). What's the point?

I still stand by the trophy truck or class 1 buggy. Those would be fun and useful.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Actually in the dream world guys, Give me a Ferrari 355 Spider any day. Sweet enough.

In my opinions Lambos are too gadgety/bling. Ferrari has always had the Sex Appeal/performance thing done in a package. Now we dont want to talk about maintenance.

I am also a corvette lover. GM has that platform right, It is about the numbers, however not HP or top speed. It is about sales and affordability.

By the way if you happen to own a vette and it isnt enough for you, check Lingenfelter, or Calloway. If 1000 hp doesnt do it for you, you need to line up with the Schumakers. :)

By the way Okie, I will drive to Texas to collect. Let us know how your numbers did.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Did someone say Bugatti? As in fastest production car on the planet? (253mph) Oh yeah, $1.4 Million.

Attachments

• bugatti-veyron.jpg
    bugatti-veyron.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 70

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
Okiewan said:
Did someone say Bugatti? As in fastest production car on the planet? (253mph) Oh yeah, $1.4 Million.

used to be. im pretty sure that the SSC (Shelby Super Car) took that title away, there's only 7 in production :yikes: . it has 987HP and over 1,000 f/p of torque :yikes: .

wr200rider

Jun 21, 2006
My dream car is a Ferrari F430 coupe, red with tan interior.

I don't really like the lambos, not that I wouldn't drive one if someone gave it to me though.

kingbrian

Jul 20, 2006
Chili said:
I'd imagine this is a real concern for most Lamborghini and Ferarri owners :rotfl: :rotfl:

well like it said if "I" had the money, i would be looking at that sort of thing, hence me probly ending up with the silverado :blah:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
As in fastest production car on the planet? (253mph) Oh yeah, $1.4 Million.

Wrong. A 1988 Corvette, called the Sledgehammer (Callaway) will do slightly faster than that all day long with the AC on, and then bring home the groceries with music at full blast. Production? No. Priceless? Maybe. They ony made one, as far as I know, but it just looked like a stock vette. (and I'm not a real big fan of the C4)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Quick question. What GTS class car holds the speed record on the Mulsanne straight @ the 24 hours of LeMans (hint: I have one).

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
McLaren isn't GTS, chief. And if it was, I couldn't @#$^%$& afford it.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Still stumped? In 1999, the Mercedes CLR flipped @ 215mph--not even GTS, but unlimited. Whining German drivers---"We couldn't tell if it was gonna go straight or into the trees!!!!"....they flipped it for the 2nd time in a row, and ...
The hump in the Mulsanne straight was lowered by 26 feet during the winter of 2000-’01 to reduce the risk of this happening again.

But alas....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom