one week of arenacross--kendall

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
the arenacross was in town for two full weekends of racing. it was perfect timing as the weather was brutally cold and riding outdoors would have bordered on insanity. saturday the 22nd was the first day of racing. tx246 made the trip up from texas but only as a spectator (wimp). my daughter kendall, raced the women's open class and finished second overall with 2/2 moto scores (they run a two moto format, like outdoors) behind a former state champion. it was a points race in the local arenacross series and kendall pretty much wrapped up the women's class championship. she has enough points that all she has to do is cross the finish line in the final round next month and the championship is her's.

sunday, she raced 85 beginner against the boys and got sixth in her heat race. a rider fell in front of her in the whoops and she couldn't get around him until he got up. only the top five transferred directly to the night program. in the lcq, she just didn't ride fast enough and finished fourth, with only the top two transferring so her day was done early.

monday, i was talking to a friend and he mentioned that his kid has a crf 250 and hadn't been riding it. he said that kendall could ride it sometime. of course being the good moto-dad i am, i immediately took him up on it before he could change his mind. the arenacross was having open practice on tuesday and thursday nights so i took off work early tuesday, picked up the 250 and we headed that way. i was a little worried about kendall as she had never ridden a big bike on a track before and she needed to instantly grow a few more inches to be able to reach the ground. my worries proved to be unfounded and she rode very well, in control, and had no problems. we went to practice thursday too and had similar excellent results. she had a blast. the smile on her face was priceless.

friday night, the 28th came and it was time to race the 250. she signed up in the women's open class again. they gated the women with the 85 beginner class. since that was her normal class, i knew it would be a good test of her speed. she holeshot and won both motos. it was the most consistent riding she has ever done. no bobbles, no stalls, just smooth, easy riding as she gradually pulled away from everyone. she even did a few of the doubles.

saturday night, she entered the women's open class again. this time the defending women's state champ showed up. kendall is not even in her league so i was just hoping for a second place. the champ holeshot the first moto with kendall running second. on the second lap the champ tried the triple (kendall was just doubling) overjumped it and crashed out giving the win to kendall. she didn't show up for the second moto and kendall won it too, giving her two overall wins for the weekend. she gave her trophies to the guy that loaned us the bike. he's a used car dealer and is going to put them in his shop with a picture of kendall.

i can't believe how much smoother she rode on the 250 than on her 85 that she's been riding for nearly two years. now i need to find a way to get her one. anyone interested in sponsoring a rider?

Last edited:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Cool, I'll have to remember to stay off the track when Kendall is out there. Don't want to get shown up!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
My wife, two friends and I showed up for the Saturday nite ride on the 250F. She really looked good on the bike and was improving every lap. Good job Kendall.:ride:

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
That's great stuff. If you guys show up to ride again the day after Dallas SX my fragile ego and I may just have to stay home!!!!!!!!!!!!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
evenslower said:
If you guys show up to ride again the day after Dallas SX

as of now, we're planning on it. she loved nocona and hopes to go there again.

sorry brian, i didn't mean to leave you guys out of the report. i retyped it a couple times and accidently left you out. thanks for coming to watch.

Top Bottom