kendall raced loretta's area qualifier

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
we went to finger lakes state park in columbia, missouri for the first qualifier in the north-central region. kendall went 5/2 for third overall in the girls class. she rode well in practice and i thought she might have a chance at a win, the track suited her style and she really liked it.

she got her usual crappy start in the first moto, then rode the entire moto the same speed as the girl in front of her (she has a habit of doing that) before finally making a failed, half-hearted attempt to pass on the last lap . i let her know that i wasn't pleased. i later noticed that her front tire was flat so there was hope for the second moto-she said she thought that it felt kinda weird.

before the second moto, i told her to make her move early and get away from the slower riders. she got a fourth place start and within two turns had passed up to second. there were sections where she would gain on the leader but then fall back on other sections. i heard the mother of one of the other girls say, "where did that girl on the honda come from?" i just smiled. kendall and the leader pulled away from the rest but kendall couldn't catch her and finished about a second behind. kendall said that she thought if she would've gotten ahead of her on the start that she would have beat her. i agreed.

the winner was not racing to qualify so kendall was the top qualifier in the second moto (at least that's what i'm claiming). one of the girls she beat made it to loretta's last year. i asked her how she did and she said that she had a dnf, 30, 28. i'm encouraged, it turned out to be a good weekend. now on to the regional june 11.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Congrats Kendall - see ya's at the Regional - Salem is a really fun track! Laid out through a cow pasture and a good mix of outdoors and some cool jumps.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Awsome! Was she on the 250F?

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Very cool! Congradulations Kendall! :cool:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
BSWIFT said:
Awsome! Was she on the 250F?

nope, ama has two womens classes: girls 9-13 65-105cc and womens 12+ 105cc+. she was riding her 85 in the girls class.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i've seen nikki ride. kendall has a looooong way to go before she's battling with nikki.

Top Bottom