Finally got pics of my new bike...

My 2000 KDX200

Me on the KDX

And the other bike, the 2002 XR250.

My little bro on the XR

Last edited:
Oh yeah. We ride almost every weekend on trails back behind my dad's house along a river. They just look really clean because we keep them that way. :)

flyingfuzzball said:
are you sure thats your little bro you look exactly like each other LOL

nice lookin bikes.
Thanks man.

And yeah, we get that a lot. People ask all the time if we are twins. I'm actually 2 years older, but he is taller and has about 15 lbs on me.

RM85rider123 said:
whats the seat height on both bikes?
The XR sits 36 inches high and the KDX sits 36.4 inches high. But, the KDX sags more so it seems like it sits a tad lower than the XR. I'm 5'8" and I can touch on the balls of my feet on both. My brother is 5'9" or 5'10" and can touch flat footed on both.

thanks for the response, but since I am about 5'3 and I can fit a 34.4 inch seat height, do you think I could fit something the size of the XR? Thanks

RM85rider123 said:
thanks for the response, but since I am about 5'3 and I can fit a 34.4 inch seat height, do you think I could fit something the size of the XR? Thanks
I'd say its all about how comfortable your are on a bike. If you can put one foot on the peg and lean the bike over and get one foot on the ground, you'll be fine. You probably won't be able to touch with the bike standing straight up, but for some that doesn't even matter.

The rear shock on the XR isn't cranked all the way down. Its about in the middle so it could go maybe 1/2 to 1 inch lower. And if that isn't enough for you, you could always shave the seat.

Why, what are you thinking about getting?

I was just wondering, the bike that has the 34.4 inch seat height is my RM85L, so I was just asking because when I am 16 or something I might want to get another XR. I rode an XR100 before and I really liked it, but anyways does that XR have a lot of torque? the 100 barely had any at all. could you also tell me what type of oil you are running in that KDX? I just got some castrol syntec for my 85 and i was wondering if it is good stuff or not?

The XR250 has tons of torque. It has more low end grunt than the KDX and the XR is bone stock. My KDX has a rev pipe on it though so its not really comparable, but you can tell the XR will always put more power to the ground than the KDX. The Kawi just has less traction than the Honda.

Anyway, I'm currently running Mobil 1 full synthetic, but they are discontinuing that oil for whatever reason. Once I run out of the quart of Mobil 1, I'll start running Bel-Ray H1R synthetic. Castrol is a good oil, I've never ran it in my bike but I've heard that from others. If you want to be safe, run Mobil 1, Bel-Ray, Klotz, or Castrol.

since I am still new to 2-strokes, could you give me tips on mixing the fuel because mine always smokes a little to much; Do you mix one tank full at a time or what? Also, how often do you have to change the oil that we were just talking about?

What do you run ratio-wise? 32:1?

I ran 32:1 when I first got my bike, but it was running rich, so I now run 40:1. It runs a ton better and smokes very little. But, it basically depends on your bike and your type of riding. I measure exactly one gallon of gas, add 3 oz. of oil, shake 'er up, and repeat for as many gallons as I need mixed. I usually mix two because that just about fills my tank if I haven't run it completely dry.

A great tool for you would be the Ratio Rite cup. Its got marks for all types of ratios to certain gallon amounts.

http://www.motoworldracing.com/Ratio-Rite.html

What is your current method of mixing?

RM85rider123 said:
Also, how often do you have to change the oil that we were just talking about?
Were you talking about tranny oil or premix oil for gas?

sweet, thanks for the mixing cup website, man I could really use that. My method is usually pouring 2 gallons of gas in a gas container and adding the certain amount of oil. but since my bike is smaller, it only has a 1.4 gallon tank so if I make 2 gallons, It would be to much oil in the second tank of gas(i hope you understand what i said). right now i am running a 30:1 ratio though. Usually I would ride it moderatley to hard, hard only when I am hitting the powerband;man I love powerbands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem. I just got my cup the other day. No more guesswork. Just fill it to whatever ratio you run and dump it in.

BTW, I don't know anything about race bikes, but 30:1 sounds really rich and is definitely the reason your bike smokes a lot. Do you ever pull your plug and see if it is wet/oily? If it is, you know to cut back on oil and run a higher ratio.

What does your manual say? 32:1 probably, but you never know. I've never owned an MX bike...