sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
Me and a friend went to supercross yesteray at the georgia dome and of course we had to ride today...just 5miles down the road to our "stay in shape spot'.

found out I can come of the bike it was the first time i went down .on the kdx. It was one of those straight down 15 ft then straight up gullies and had a foot of mud at the bottom..I was coming up the other side and she came over backwards but is got her back up and spun it up the hill while walking beside it.

I got to play in the swampy area too practice the mad mad mud skills
My kdx has to be in a higher thanpowerband gear when I hit jumps in order to sail correctly through the airother wise it wants to loop one way or the other

Anyone ever hit a jump withthe kdx wound out in 3rd?

well the temp dropped and we went home little to cold to clean up the bike so I'm going to work on the rail buggy

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I usually need to be "on the pipe" as well to get the front end up for a jump. I'm usually lugging on the trails in 3rd/4th so I just downshift when I know there is a jump ahead.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
mudpack said:
Yes. But I find that the bike works better if its upshifted.

What is a "higher thanpowerband gear"???

That is when you shift up so the bike is not reving in the power band as to aviod the engine brake in the air causing the front to dive.

yeah is does sound stupid the way I wrote it out.

I wish I didn't have to woory about that stuff and just be able to think once I'm in the air like the supercrossers on saturday night!!

Top Bottom