Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Just a heads up for you Phelan Ridge riders. I was coming home tonight and low and behold there was a fire raging along the lower mountain side of the ridge. The fire started at the #15 and quickly ran for the mountains. Its hard to say from the south side but Im guessing that the direction was close to the southern backside of the sand hill. Im not sure if it made it that far but that will certainly give the rangers a reason to close the ridge to riding for a while. :(

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
If Im out riding and I see you out there I'm going to call the cops on you. At least I know I can out run them :moon:

BTW: KTMboy when are we going to see you out on a ride?

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
It's okay; whenever I get stopped I tell them my name is Rich and I give them your address! :yikes:

As far as riding goes, I'm waiting for cooler weather and having the time to spend a day just jetting. If I can get it dialed just so, then at least I'll know where to go with it when the weather changes or the altitude increases. Working every Saturday makes it tough too. If I do a ride soon with just the boy would you be interested? I'm thinking like El Mirage in a couple of weeks.

As far as the fire goes, I think it might be ruining our ridges. :|

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I was down in the West Cajon Valley today, and it looks as though the fire burned up the hard pack section of the ridges. I decided to spend my lunch at the Wilson Ranch staging area to get a look from the Phelan side and it looks like the fire may have hit the manzanita trail area. :(

The sandhill however survived! I guess I'm gonna have to go out there soon and survey the damages. Will keep you posted! :|

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
ktmboy said:
it looks like the fire may have hit the manzanita trail area. :(
QUOTE]

Bummer ktmboy. :ugg:

Did it stay on the South side of the 15? I have a friend that lives on hwy 2 about a mile North of the cafe. Havn't been able to get ahold of him.

Ol'89r

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
89r'---they stopped the fire well short of the sandhill, but it looks as if it got up over the ridge and it may have burned down into one of the canyons as well. I'll know more when I get a chance to go up and get a better look. It never crossed hwy. 138, but stayed on top of the ridge for the most part. The section of the ridge trail where it starts getting sandy didn't burn.

Top Bottom