RECENT POSTS

Fire?!

My Mom called me at 5:45am (her time) this morning distressed about "the worst fire in the history of California". I haven't seen anything on the news about it but admittedly I'm not an avid news watcher.

She said they couldn't even let the kids out for recess the other day because of all the smoke in the air, her house is a mess from the ash, it's dark all the time and there's a red hue to the sky.
She mentioned Fontana and I thought of RMJeff and Arrow Head and I though of Mtngoat. I know there are socal peeps in a bunch of the other area she mentioned. Is everyone alright?

She also mentioned that 3 of the fires may have been arson?!

I'm going to do some searching around for some news but I just wanted to know if anyone on DRN is in any danger.

JWW

Lifetime Sponsor
Oh man it sucks.

Huge acreage burning and now at least 2 fires have merged. It stretches from Claremont all the way over to north east San Bernardino. Its working its way up to Crestline.

I just talked to my boss who lives in Claremont and his house made it through but his neighbors didnt. Were still waiting to hear about our friends in Crestline.

http://www.incidentcontrol.com/ <---- has some decent info.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
It's friggen bad, real bad. I have a 4 friends that have been evacuated. Don't know what they will be returning to. 200 homes lost and no containment of the fire. Skies are yellow in Huntington Beach and you can't see the sun. Ashes are everwhere. had to close all the windows in the house and we are more have 50 miles from the fire.

biglou

Man, it does look very bad on TV. They're even moving the Monday Night Football game between San Diego and Miami over to Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, AZ tonight.

I scanned MSNBC, Fox New, CNN and Headline news most of the morning on Sunday and all I saw a few 30 second clips on the fires raging out there. Apparently Kobe Bryant is more important. :think:

Thanks for the links. Glad to hear you are okay Jeff.

Hey Speedy girl.

So far 10 wildfires here in Cal. Over 800 homes damaged or destroyed and 13 people dead.

Pretty ugly!

Returned from my trip back East early Sunday at O dark 30.. Coming into Victor Valley, you could see the glow on the other side of the mountains. When we got to the top of the pass, we had live fire on the north side of the freeway down to the 15/215 split. Then there was fire on both sides of the freeway. They had the 15 closed and then closed the 215 shortly after we made it through.

I was glad to see you posting Jeff when I checked in on DRN. Was pretty worried about you. Not a lot of info on the tv back East. CNN was about the only station with anything.

Stay safe everyone.

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
Fox news had quite a bit of coverage. I hope you guys make out OK.

Boodac

Subscriber
Very intersting times to be living in the SoCal area to say the least. Ol89er could you imagine coming home from a vacation trip only to find your homestead burnt to the ground. Thats what happened to a coworker here. He was vacationing down in Cabo with the family and came home Sunday night to find out they wouldnt allow him to drive up to his house. He called me this morning in shock. Everything he owned other than his car and the suitcases they brought are gone. Man you have to feel for these people.

bclapham

Lifetime Sponsor
we can put this in general discussions:) Piru MX park north of LA is gone. I was going to glen helen on sat, how they saved it (just, is a miracle)- and some friends of friends were camping at barona MX park saturday for the sunday races- it has really nice pits and was the place where motocrossed the disney movie was shot- they had to leave at 1.30 am and by 2am the whole place was gone- i went through san bernadino on sat and though it looked bad, but not as bad as 2 miles from my apartment on sunday morning in san diego- the fire jumped the 15 freeway 1 mile south of us- we were getting ready to evacuate, wife, cat and bikes:)