BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Praying and hoping for the safety of all involved, especially the firefighters tryong to keep this thing contained, keep safe, socal folks and let us know how you are if you can!

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I just read on the district board that there is a mandatory Evac for big bear................. pray for a safe evacuation

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by Ol'89r
If anyone needs any help, let us know.

Or a place to store things..have room in my garage.

Sorry to hear that Thumbs. Seems everybody knows somebody in the path.

Its awfully dark in the Inland Empire today. Lots of smoke

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Speedy.

Chino is ok. In fact, we are using that area for a safe staging area to bring horses and farm animals to.

They have issued an evac order for Barton Flats. Some of you may remember from our Big Bear rides, that is where Dale and Ron live.

Hate to say it, but there is just too much fuel for them to stop this thing now. :| I hope to God they catch the miserable *******s that started this thing.

Last edited:

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
My receptionist's boyfriend is up in the Mtn's fighting this, and it doesn't look to good, they don't think there is a way to stop it now that it has hit all the dead trees.

All the news channels are all excited that the off-shores have stopped, which is good for some of the fires, but the on-shores are blowing the fire right up the Mtn.

I'm with 89r, I hope they catch this ******* and hang him by his ****** tiny ********

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I think his office is in Redlands, he works for some kind of mapping company and the USFD,Fema and all kinds of other State and Fed orgs. have over taken their office.

I'll be right back with a link of what they have on the fire

Here's a link, go to the bottom left button ( wildfire incedent info )and check out the two perimeter fire maps

http://www.calmast.org/mast/public/default.htm

Last edited:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
In south OC we've got a lot of smoke and ash. The discomfort is really minimal compared to anyone losing their home, etc. My place is open if I can be of help. Jeff if you and the family woudl like o come out of the thick smoke for a breather this weekend let me know. Your welcome to crash/ hang out at my place.

Jpivey, Thats a sad and shocking picture. It's the one of best I've seen of the fire so far.

webbrace

May 18, 2000
I am in the San Fernando valley, and it looks like fog, but its smoke and ash from the Simi fire that moved into Chatsworth, and is now in the Santa Clarita area, (Stevenson Ranch). This place is a mess. From Ventura all the way down to San Diego and all the way over to the High Desert now is on fire. They are talking about evacuating Hesperia now. Check out www.nbc4la.com for local coverage.. On top of that we just had an Earthquake 3.7 in Simi Valley...

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
It was sad today to hear one driver after another calling in to say they had just gotten the evac order and were headed in so they could get to their homes and pack.
Hesperia and Apple Valley were evacked today where they border the San Bernardino mtns. The smoke over the entire High Desert was intense today. We were all given masks to wear today. Lucky for me I was able to get out of it for a couple of hours as Wrightwood was pretty clear today.
Has anyone heard from Boodac? I believe he might have been in one of the evac areas.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Be careful, a tanker pilot reported seeing a sheet of plywood at 3500 ft.. This is awful..

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
KTMBOY - Does your friend still live off Oak Hills Rd? Is he ok?

Havent heard from Boodac....hope he is ok. I heard on the news that they are evacutating around my moms house. Luckily she is 1 block north of Tussing Ranch Road. All the phone lines are jammed so I cant get her on the phone.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Thanks for the concern guys. I ended up staying home and babysitting the house and things instead of evacuating. The police came by and asked people to leave but the flames were clearly a ways off so they didnt press the issue to much. The daughter and I rode over to the Summit to see the scene. Man those 40 mile an hour winds do an incredible job sweeping the flames accross the open plains of grass and weeds. Im thinking we wont be having to worry about fire problems for the next 5 - 10 years seeing as how we have a natural fire break now. You cant help but feel bad for those that lost their lives let alone houses so far. Im thinking this upcoming rain is going to help things cool down a bit.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
RMJeff.----Yes, I have friends on both sides of the 15 in Oak Hills. I've been in contact with my friend Ron (that almost lost his house in the earlier fire) almost daily. It looks as if the worst is over for the high desert, and like Boodac said we have a large firebreak now.
Ron said they're not resting easy yet, but it looks like they're gonna be okay.
We have a couple of people I work with that evacked from the Tussing Ranch area. It got pretty scary there yesterday, but the change in weather has seemed to calm the fires down and they've stopped moving.

The best news is that not a single home has been lost in the Victor Valley. Our fire personnel put up a valiant fight! Right on guys!
Temps in the local mtns. are supposed to be in the 30s' the next few nights, and rain is expected soon. I would say we're getting a little outside help right now!

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Latest reports are that 4 homes were lost in Summit Valley, (near Silverwood), and life has pretty much returned to normal here in the Hi Dez except for all of the displaced mountain folk we are hosting here. Arrowhead was the hardest hit of the mountain communities, losing over 300 homes in one section of that community.

&nbsp;:whiner:

Top Bottom