First Dirt Bike in a Looooooong time. .

LTPY

Feb 17, 2005
Hi all,

Long time rider, but haven't owned a bike since the internet really got big. Got out of all things two-wheeled when I had kids, but my oldest is trying to teach my youngest how to ride now, and I suggested something that would run in the grass well, so when he wrecked he wouldn't hurt himself too badly. My oldest son came back with a PE175 he got from a collector in town, awesome deal for a running riding machine

I've been looking for as much information as I can find to get the Suzuki up and running the way it should. Can't find much online, and the Clymer book I got for 125-400 Singles doesn't list anything I didn't know already. I'm basically looking for any info at all on the 175, it's in remarkably good shape but there are a few things that need some attention, ie low idle, front brake needs tightened, need a new taillight, basic stuff really. I'm guessing on a mixture of 20:1 and I think I can use 20W-50 for gear oil, but that's just what I'm guessing and could be way off.

Thanks in advance, ya'll!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

I see where you have gone to your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the Vintage Bikes / Racing Forum for info on the PE. If you do not find it, post up a question and you will likely find someone with experience with the machine.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom