shiftmx731

Oct 10, 2003
I crashed last week and needed my radiator repaired by Mylers..Little expensive 60 bucks but he did a great job and its all welded and straightened. When I took the radiator off I made sure to put bags around all the loose hoses as to not let air or dirt in. I put my radiator back on today and was wondering if its really necessary to flush the radiator with a garden hose or if I can just fill it back up with radiator fluid. It is a fairly new bike with only 2 or 3 tanks of gas through it(CR250). If you do recommend flushing it what is the best way to do it and to make sure that all the water is drained out afterward and dry?

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
flush it with water. no need to make it dry - you know its wet in there when you put your mix of anti freeze and water in there. remember anti freeze doesn't draw the heat out of your motor, the water does.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I flush mine out once a year using windex. There is enough vinegar in there to deal with the hard water , but not so much as to be harmful. Yours is probably ok, but it might not be a bad idea.

shiftmx731

Oct 10, 2003
whats the best way to flush it..just stick a garden hose in it and undo a hose..any hose in particular..on my CR i have 2 radiators not just one single one and Im afraid some of the water will be stuck in the left radiator.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I once restored a 91 KTM540DXC that had corrosion in the water jacket so badly that the magnesium around the water pump had begun to corrode. Needless to say, the radiators were in bad shape. I tried everything with no real results. Until the Mylers flush fluid. I honestly got lots of "clinkers" out of the cooling system.

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
why so concerned that the water will be stuck in the left radiator? if you're that concerned pull them both off and flush them with a flushing agent and then flip it over to drain.

Top Bottom