FLYIN_KAW's initiation to the MX track

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Well FLYIN_KAW has been on my @ss to get him out to the local MX track. We make it out Saturday morning, weathers great, a little warm but nothing to complain about. We get the bikes all loaded up and head out. Get to the place, pay the $15 and sign the waiver. We are then told over and over again not to ride on the grass. And we have to wear these funny wrist bands like we did at Paragon? Weird stuff. So we truck it out to the track, unload the bikes, put the cute little pink wristbands on (I tied mine to my Pro Tapers) and started a couple of laps. We get 3 laps into it and James is doing pretty good, just needs to not lean back as far but he would have gotten it by the end of the day. I see him case this double/triple rythm section and he rides back to the truck a little worse for wear. I notice his back tire is flat as a pancake, so he loads the bike up on the trailers and heads to the shop to get it fixed. He comes back with it still flat and I ask him whats up? He said they wanted to charge him $30 for the tube and $40 to put it on. I almost lost my lunch. Talk about getting bent over. Sheesh. We find out that he ran over a nail on the track. This to me should be a full refund, no part refund or any other crap like that. You pay $$ to ride a track, you don't expect to run over roofing nails. So he goes back and they only give him $7 back. Unreal, I ride around a bit more and finally run out of gas on the face of the big table. Luckily I had enough speed to make it or else it wouldn't have been a pretty site. All in all it wasn't a bad day (for me anyhow) we'll get out next week so he cna figure out those rythm sections :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
So, did you ride on the grass? :p
Sorry the day was cut short. :( But 70 bucks to repair a flat?!!! Daaayumn!!!
So Flyin_kaw, which is better Woods with us Yankees, or MX with Hucker?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Hucker
He said they wanted to charge him $30 for the tube and $40 to put it on

just get a patch kit or carry an extra tube. fixing a flat is really pretty easy.

Top Bottom