Flywheel weight and vibration?

marc_w

Apr 2, 2004
Is it normal to get a little more vibration and buzz in the bike after installing a flywheel weight?

Late last year, I installed a Steahly 12oz weight on my '00 RM250. It's on a stock bottom end, and the bearings seem nice and tight.

I'm getting more buzz in the bars now, especially when just revving in neutral. It's a little unnerving.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
it shouldnt vibe more- try a search- i remember there was someone that put one on a rm250 around that year and the same thing happened- turns out that the RMs were coming with the threads on the crank machined a bit off angle wise!

jruggery

Apr 6, 2003
The following quote is direct from the instruction sheet for a Steahly FWW that I purchased but haven't put on yet:

"First be sure that it is actually vibrating more than it did before, you are probably just more conscious of vibration. If you are sure that it is vibrating more than it did before check your main bearings for wear and your crankshaft for a bent or damaged end. If everything checks out you may need to send the weight in for inspection."

You have a Steahly weight so why not give them a call? Their number in OR is (800) 800-2363.

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
My cr250 has a fresh bottem end and i installed a steahly fww on my bike last week (14oz) i have not used the bike yet but when i started her i also found that she vibrated/ made a humbing noise similar to that of a gasgas ece250 enduro model....i was also a little worried...but since its all enduro bikes which make that humbing noise i think its just due to the heavier fw!

Top Bottom