KTA

Jul 14, 2000
I ride my 1986 kx250 on really tight trails where i am almost always using first and second gear. I was on the steahly flywheel site and they offer the 8oz, 10oz and 12oz weight. which one is the right size for me.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
10oz is a good all-around size, heavy enough to help the tractability without being so heavy it turns the engine into a slow revving "enduro motor".

crusty1

Oct 3, 2001
I agree with Spanky. I just put an 11 oz. on my 00 YZ 250 and it still has more than enough rev. for me but now it's not so much of a surprize and I'm not getting arm pump from tensing over twisting the throttle at the wrong time.

Dennis

MN KDXer

Registered
Jun 7, 1999
Give Steahly a call and ask them which size they'd recommend for you and your particular bike; they're smart guys and will help you out. One thing to note, is that if you buy a FWW which you feel is too heavy, Steahly will turn it down for free within something like 30 days after you buy it.

BTW, if you do get one, spend the extra $10 for the engine lock tool, which is a plastic thingee you screw in the sparkplug hole to prevent the piston from reaching TDC.

Top Bottom