keith500r

Jul 27, 2001
Do I need to worry about the balance of a flywheel weight? I need to move a flywheel weight from one motor to another, (both cr500 motors, years 1996 and 2000) and i thought Id check here to see if theres anything I need to do or can I just slap it on there and everything will be ok? thanks. the flywheel weight is 11oz by the way.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I did the same thing your talking about. I suppose it does matter, but on my YZ 250 it made no difference that I could feel.

The weight was originally on a YZ 4oo. The hole swere slightly off. I thought , what the hell. I monted it and it made no difference to vibration. I thought about trying to have someone balance the thing mounted, but decided it is not worth the work.

I do not think balance is that huge of a deal. Honestly, can we believe all the other involved parts are balanced? I doubrt it.

Weld it on. I wish mine was. Once the weight is mounted, I cannot imagine you taking it off. They are wonderful.

I could sell these if people rode my bike before and after. The bike works better doing everything with the weight on. No drawbacks that I or anyone else can see.

I used zip typ brand . I think the steahlhy brand is better.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I did the same thing your talking about. I suppose it does matter, but on my YZ 250 it made no difference that I could feel.

The weight was originally on a YZ 4oo. The hole swere slightly off. I thought , what the hell. I monted it and it made no difference to vibration. I thought about trying to have someone balance the thing mounted, but decided it is not worth the work.

I do not think balance is that huge of a deal. Honestly, can we believe all the other involved parts are balanced? I doubrt it.

Weld it on. I wish mine was. Once the weight is mounted, I cannot imagine you taking it off. They are wonderful.

I could sell these if people rode my bike before and after. The bike works better doing everything with the weight on. No drawbacks that I or anyone else can see.

I used zip tye brand , 10 oz. I think the steahlhy brand is better.

Top Bottom