Flywheel weights = got 'em? like 'em?

hockeyboy

Oct 13, 2003
I have a stealey flywheel weight on my KDX 220. I like the way I can lug the bike on really hard sections of tight trail. Just open the trottle above idle and the rear wheel keeps churning. In boulder strewn trails, or coming out of rocky river up a steep bank, there is little chance stalling the bike. I'm sure if you were on a M/X track or ride in the desert your bike would not rev as fast.But in the type of riding I do ( hare scrambles, enduro, single track trail) I can't tell the difference. If you have a worn out engine a flywheel weight can cause problems, my bike is brand new. I like it! $90.00

Detonator

Jul 7, 2003
Actually, the flywheel weight makes for easier starts and less stalling. It doesn't add resistance to the kickstarter, just momentum to the spin.

This was the best mod I've ever made, with the exception of suspension revalve work. Buy one.

Btw, a quick search for flywheel weight will turn up a couple of hours worth of reading.

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
I have a Stealey and love it for woods work.
Order direct from Chuck himself at the same price as catalog guys; he is great guy.
Another mod to consider is RB carb modfifications and needle changes; this can really modify power delivery as well.

Top Bottom