davidrose_98

May 23, 2002
I bought a turbine core II silencer from e-bay last year and am just getting to installing it now since I just got my pipe. In the instructions for the pipe it says to use the standard mounting hardware for the pipe and silencer, but my silencer has a large rubber grommett on the rear mounting hole which is at least a half inch thick and the bolts don't fit through. The forward mounting hole does not have this grommett. Since I bought the silencer used I don't have any instructions that came with it so I don't know if I should have more mounting hardware. Also the mounting holes for the silencer seem pretty large, a lot larger than the bolts that are on the bike, should I get some fender washers for them.

Thanks,
Nate

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I just put a turbine core II on my KDX220 along with a FMF pipe. There is a metal spacer for the rear mount. It is half inch thick aluminum. The bolt is one of those that blends onto a round washer surface so an additional washer isn't needed. That is attached using a nylock nut. Very clean and simple without alot of washers and spacers. I can't think of anything off hand that would substitute for the spacer unless you use a larger nut or two and slip the bolt through the silencer, then the oversized nuts, then the frame member before attaching with the nylock nut. Good luck!

Top Bottom