Vos Schola

Apr 16, 2000
I'm about to change the oil in my fork (1st time ever for this bike, and it's a '99). My shop manual hasn't come in yet, so I need to know, is the oil level measured with the fork compressed, or extended? With or without (I would assume without) the springs?
My other question is, what level do you guys run the oil at. Especially you New England riders with the stock spring in the fork, and what clicker settings do you use?
Right now they rebound too slow (I have no idea what the oil level is currently), and I'm replacing the oil with Bel-Ray 5w.
And last but not least, it's more oil = slower rebound ; less oil = faster rebound correct?
I figure this will give me a good starting point to adjust the suspension.
Thanks

Last edited:

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
I'd give you details from my repair manual but they may be very different than what is correct for your bike since mine is 10 years older.
>And last but not least, it's more oil = slower rebound ; less oil = faster rebound correct?
No, more oil affects the last part of compression, making the forks harder to bottom out. probably due to the inside air having to be pressurized more due to less space being left by the oil.

Top Bottom