Rob_43

Apr 7, 2001
I have been told to get a piece of wood and cut it about a 1/2 inch shorter than the length of tire to fender so I can strap the bike down and try to avoid damagin fork seals. I was also told that they sell a product called a Fork Saver but I cant find it.

Anyone got an idea where I can get one maybe off the internet?

------------------
Rob
2000 Suzuki DRZ400

Bman

Apr 28, 2000
Would the fork saver be the same thing as the fork support made by PC Racing. It is on page 252 of the dunnis kirk catalog.

------------------
Doubt from others is fuel for my determination!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Don't waste your money. You won't damage the seals by compressing the forks for transport.

There have been several threads on this if you do a search.

------------------
Did I do the double?
Ah,um...Sure did. I was right behind you!
My Pictures

Rob_43

Apr 7, 2001
Originally posted by RM_guy:
Don't waste your money. You won't damage the seals by compressing the forks for transport.

There have been several threads on this if you do a search.

ahhhhhhhhh

------------------
Rob
2000 Suzuki DRZ400

John K

Feb 22, 2000
I dunno, have you seen how hard some people pull their bikes down? Also it seems to make the bike more stable. Six of one half a dozen of the other type situation I suppose.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I've never used a fork saver. I pull the ties until the forks are about half way compressed. Never had a problem with forks or a bike coming loose. I do know one person that had their fork saver come out on a long drive.

------------------

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
Forksaver can be purchased from acerbis. The better option is to use a bikeshoe from AMP. I believe both have web pages.

------------------

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I have had the fork saver from Acerbis. Dont like it, it will flex and bend and can pop out if cinched down. I ended up spending $3 at the local hardware store for some 3 inch pvc tubing. Cut it to length and install between tire and fender. You can even put stickers, etc, on it if you wish. If it gets stolen, spend another $3. Money well spent.

------------------
1992 WR 500
If it looked easy, then it wasnt me doing it!!!

Top Bottom