Fork Saver ? Where

I have been told to get a piece of wood and cut it about a 1/2 inch shorter than the length of tire to fender so I can strap the bike down and try to avoid damagin fork seals. I was also told that they sell a product called a Fork Saver but I cant find it.

Anyone got an idea where I can get one maybe off the internet?

------------------
Rob
2000 Suzuki DRZ400

Would the fork saver be the same thing as the fork support made by PC Racing. It is on page 252 of the dunnis kirk catalog.

------------------
Doubt from others is fuel for my determination!

RM_guy

Scared of DirtWeek<BR>Club *********
Damn Yankees
Don't waste your money. You won't damage the seals by compressing the forks for transport.

There have been several threads on this if you do a search.

------------------
Did I do the double?
Ah,um...Sure did. I was right behind you!
My Pictures

Originally posted by RM_guy:
Don't waste your money. You won't damage the seals by compressing the forks for transport.

There have been several threads on this if you do a search.

ahhhhhhhhh

------------------
Rob
2000 Suzuki DRZ400

I dunno, have you seen how hard some people pull their bikes down? Also it seems to make the bike more stable. Six of one half a dozen of the other type situation I suppose.

HiG4s

Subscriber
I've never used a fork saver. I pull the ties until the forks are about half way compressed. Never had a problem with forks or a bike coming loose. I do know one person that had their fork saver come out on a long drive.

------------------

Forksaver can be purchased from acerbis. The better option is to use a bikeshoe from AMP. I believe both have web pages.

------------------

Lorin

Lifetime Sponsor
I have had the fork saver from Acerbis. Dont like it, it will flex and bend and can pop out if cinched down. I ended up spending $3 at the local hardware store for some 3 inch pvc tubing. Cut it to length and install between tire and fender. You can even put stickers, etc, on it if you wish. If it gets stolen, spend another $3. Money well spent.

------------------
1992 WR 500
If it looked easy, then it wasnt me doing it!!!