61.4 KB · Views: 179
  • CampChaos06050.jpg
    CampChaos06050.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 169

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
One more trophy pic

Yeah, thats my Dad over there and his bike is orange. Mine is RED!

Attachments

• CampChaos06062.jpg
    CampChaos06062.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 170

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
LOL, No, Metzler didn't swipe any food, but we sure made friends fast. After the race he did get impatient with me. It was my mistake to just walk up and start talking without petting him first. He swatted me with a paw then started howling like he had me treed or something. Couple of good scratches behind the ears and everything was good.

It's nice to go to the races and make new friends. The two or four legged variety. :)

Mully

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Some Thanks Yous!

Over the weekend I will try to sort through the MANY pics we have. I think we ended up with copies of Smit Dogs and Woodsy's pics (none from Mike K's but those are coming - dunno if others may have some) on either my computer or Mitch's. Hopefully I can snail mail out some CDs at some point. If anyone else has pics they want to post have at it - dont wait for me!

Some "Thank Yous!"

Mike Kurncz - a ton of help laying things out, arrowing, stringing up ribbon and stakes. (he put in quite a few hours with me and the boys long before anyone else was here!) And of course the guy who got us those OUTSTANDING T-Shirts!

Kurt A - some great suggestions on the scoring method we used! Plus some help from him and the rest of the No Brains Racing Crew (Jay, Tyler and Tom) stringing up ribbon (and providing some ribbon) etc.

Young Ted - the various signs out in the woods, the "gag" awards (anyone need a Quater Pounder?) ;) - and for simply being Ted - You Da Man! :cool:

Woodsy - Just Woodsy! Mr. ESPN announcer dude...Mr. Trophy Awarder Dude... Mr. Riders Meeting Conducutor Dude...Mr. Laugh your A$$ off funny guy!

Mark and Mitch - I could not be more blessed with two better kids! They worked MANY hours with me with some of the new trail sections, arrowing, ribboning etc. Thanks guys!

Everyone else - thanks for simply showing up and having so much fun! The food everyone brought was great. Countless times I would need to ask someone to quick help out with this or that - they would jump in right away and help!

And of course Sheila - the single most tolerate dirt biker's wife in the entire world! Thanks for letting all my buddys come over to play! She also spent many hours helping pull everythign together! She is the one I owe the biggest thank you to! :cool: :worship: :worship:

(I hope she sees this...I need some brownie points!)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Well campers.... Alrighty Then! :)

This is my first (hack) attempt at piecing together some 80-odd snippets (740MB) of video footage taken by our man Woodsy. The result is 28 minutes of mayhem and chaos... broadband required! ... Or download overnight via dial-up... It's 183MB.

Camp Chaos - The Movie

I originally tried putting the credits at the end, but the video would lock up as soon as it hit it... So now it's at the front (let me know if I forgot to list anyone). Again, this is my first attempt at video editing, so bare with it! Keep in mind that all of this was filmed on a little digital camera by a certifiable mad man!

If you don't have broadband and/or want a CD mailed to you, PM me your address. I'll include the pics as well.

I still have a ton 'o pics to post in a slideshow, but that'll have to wait until Monday... (going out of town).

Last edited:

Yardsale

Sep 28, 2006
Yes i did change my name.Apparently not posting on the forum enough, my profile was booted.I re-registered with an appropriate name i think.I tried to post an actual picture of a yard sale for my avatar,but it wouldnt let me.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Tom, I think your new screen name is perfect. A total inside joke, you had to be there.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
:laugh: Well I just got done watching the video(Great Job Bill it has a nice flow to it and was so much easier to watch). Here it is a week layer and I am going through major chaos withdrawl. Mike I just want to say thank You :cool: to you And Sheila for putting up with us yahoos. It was another great weekend ,No dust, perfect traction, good food And great friends. I had a blast Riding sat morning with Kurt,Tom, Aaron And Andy. The plan was to ride south for an hour then turn around and be back in time for the hare scramble. We had a good pace going and we were taking turns leading. I think Tom was leading when Kurt clipped a tree that sent him head on into a tree,His head light lost and he was a little shaken. After a couple more road crossings we take a break Tom and Aaron take off, Kurt goes to start his bike then shifts his weight and puts his foot down and some how tips over. Andy and I are just looking at him and laughing :laugh: wondering why he doesn't get up. Well, he is pinned down by the bike and he cant get up, Andy holds my Bike and I lift up Kurts Bike and off we go.( your Welcome Kurt) We ride on some more and hit the two hr. mark turn around and head back. I don't now who lead but we had a good pace going on the way back only stopped 1 time and made it back in an Hour, what a blast. Back at camp we had some Lunch and hit the hare scrambles course for a practice lap :cool: The Hare scramle started at 2:30,Andy and I rode tag team. The course was Awesome and had a real good flow to it (great job Mike,Mitch,Mark& Mike K) I rode the first leg and let all the fast guys go first then toke off my self after one lap I was wishing I had spent some time at the Gym. Each lap went well although I was getting frustrated with my sticky clutch. At the end of each lap you were greeted by Bills wife holding out the cards for you to pick, by the third lap I just started pointing with a shaky finger as my arms were so sore.The dinner was great,The brats with the peppers and onions,Awsome! The Awards were a highlight with all the gags and the little kids grinning from ear to ear as they got trophies bigger than dads. Oh and who could ever foget 20 guys crammed into Mitches bedroom to watch the Video and look at Pictures. Sunday was up early again and get some coffee ( thanks again Mike and Sheila) and start a high test fire. ( thanks for the gas Aaron) It had rained all night and the wood was a little wet. It took 4 tries before Andy and Tom got it going . Well it rained /Drizzled all morning and slowly everyone started to leave. By 12:00 I was sick off the rain and wanted to ride ,you dont drive 7 hrs to get to camp and let a little rain stop you. Aaron, Larry, Mikael, Mike, Kurt,Andy,and I took off north and hit the orv Trail what a blast. We got back after a couple of hrs and packed up. I think we would still be there If Andy kept shopping, He tried to buy everything Mike had Includind Camp Chaos itself but we only came home with a Quad. :laugh:
I will Never miss a Camp Chaos as long as it lives on!
Thanks again Mike & Sheila

Mark Weisnborn , where were you we all missed You and I didnt get to take your bike for a test ride

Last edited:

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
I see that I am the stunt rider-trees. Pretty appropriate :) That's a great video. It seems like it was a long time ago already but it was only last weekend! Wow. That was a bunch of fun.

BTW Curtis - Thanks for saving me from certain death. It's hard to get away from the grip of the KTM-a-gator when they have you in the death roll. Darn gravity'll get ya every time.

I can't wait to go to the next one already. I think next year I'm going to bring a spare headlight, some sort of jack so I can get my bike off of me, and a new helmet. That last little kiss from the maple toasted my helmet. The foam has a nice little impression from my noggin. At least I don't have to make up an excuse to get new gear this time. ;)

Thanks again to Mike / Sheila / Mitch / Mark for letting us invade your home. Also - Thanks for building the floor in Mitch's room sturdy enough to hold us all in there. Man after a while it looked like one of those "How many people can we fit in a telephone booth" experiments! :rotfl:

Too much fun!

LawnGnome

May 9, 2005
Can't wait for next year's Camp Chaos. I already have my new weapon... 06' KX 450. Took it out today and man WHAT A RIDE! I'm surprised they equip these bikes with a front tire as it never really touches the ground!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
It wouldn’t be Camp Chaos if things didn’t happen that are talked about for some time. The “on reserve” bike testing of last year has yet to go away. Thanks to Aaron – leader of the Lost Brigade. Could there be a connection between the Atlanta trails and the lost city of Atlantis?
My riding plan was to tag along with Woodsy and Larry to see how much trouble could be caused. We headed west on Baker Rd. and could see that there were 5 bikes ahead of us. After two left turns, the “here we go again” get lost syndrome was evident. The five tracks missed the quick right on Hunter Rd. and kept going straight to oblivion. Larry’s license plate was flopping on one bolt, so we stopped at the pumping station to correct the situation. While there, the Brigade of Five went by, having corrected their errant behavior. Woodsy the wanderer was up to par, turning down a two track to see where it went. As such, we visited several pumping stations and made a few 180’s. Next, I hear – get us back to Camp Chaos. At the ‘dumping station’ it was go right and we soon found ourselves coming in to Atlanta. At the flasher, (the red light at M-32 & M-33), Woodsy goes right. He must have seen another kind of flasher among the Elk Fest crowd and not the east/south on the route signs. So Atlanta gets left behind as Larry opens up the VOR to clean it out and Woodsy is off on a mission.
My thought of - how long is this going to go on – is answered when Larry coasts to a stop. The VOR doesn’t want to run anymore. By now, Woodsy is almost over the next hill and out of sight. (I’m trying to be nice and not leave out the word ‘next’.) I due time he came back, headed the right way back to Camp Chaos to return with the trailer.
The day is still young, the other two head for town on the 90’s and I head north to intercept those troops. Meeting Mike and Mark before the M-33 crossing was a surprise. We brought each other up to date and carried on. When I get to Mikhail and Mitch, it is another surprise. I was supposed to be going CCW, had missed the turn and was going CW instead. Doubling back and stopping to check for fresh tracks coming out of the woods, I see the ‘recovery vehicle’ coming down the route. The driver stops and asks for directions to Camp Chaos. The plan is for me to go down the two track to the next trail crossing, check for bike tracks and head back, as it is now pushing 2 PM. I’m putting on my helmet, hear bikes coming down the route, BJ and Kurt H pull up. They had waited at the A & B split half an hour and didn’t know where the rest were. We concluded the east side of the B loop was clear of riders and headed back. We cross M-33 and there is Bill Smith coming down the shoulder with 7 others following a quarter of a mile back. After making a check that all are accounted for, it’s head for Camp Chaos. A check of my watch stopping in the yard shows the time of 2:29:45. We had been told by the counselor to be back by 2:30. Punctuality counts.
For the hare scrambles event I teamed up with Mikhail. We got in 7 laps but must have drawn low cards, I had 3 threes, and we wound up at the bottom of the standings. The biggest obstruction of the course for me was the ‘George Burns of MTR’ that was out there doing on camera interviews. Having walked the woods part with Mitch Friday afternoon didn’t give any advantage.
Sunday mornings raining and wind wasn’t conducive for heading out on the trails, so it was play around with the Pentons on the grass track and take pictures time. This was an opportunity for Woodsy to take his first ever ride on a Penton. To say he adapts to a bike easy is an understatement. It wasn’t long before DAVIE was at a 45-degree angle, on the back wheel. The last time the front wheel was that far off the ground was at Marquette when it went over backwards trying to get up a hill. Although the rain stopped, I would be getting home very late if I were to join the others for even a short ride. Since Connie had to leave for Wisconsin early Monday, it was best to pack up a head out.
Another good times session in the memory book has come to a happy contented close. If anyone has a better way to go through life, choose it.

Young Ted

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Just watched the video. Too funny. Great naration...

So how does some one get on the mailing list for next years event???

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
YZMAN400 said:
Just watched the video. Too funny. Great naration...

So how does some one get on the mailing list for next years event???

I have not yet been able to view that edited video. (I did see the "raw" footage though...funny stuff!)

Mailing list...hmmm.. BRIBERY!!! to my darling wife!

I guess a bit of background could help. These get togethers are at my house - started a few years back with Creeper 9, 2Big4aKDX, Yardsale and a few others...initially 4 or 5 people then, 7 or 8 people. then 15, then 20 then 30 then this year we were heading to over 40. I am lucky to have a rather tolerant wife. And rather tolerant (and distant) neighbors. But, I really dont want to push my luck on either front. One neighbor is actually only a few hundred yards through the woods from my house, and a nice subdivision is located just 1/4 to 1/2 mile to my east (full of some rather non-ORV friendly people...I used to live in that subdivision...I know them all to well!).

Needless to say, I gotta keep them all happy! And, as you can understand, the larger the number, the greater the chance of some issue coming up (one particularly loud bike ridden with a very active right wrist? one nasty crash?) and various little logistical things. This year we reached a point where we went as far as renting a portta pottie for example. My insurance agent is getting a bit uneasy as well.... technically I am still OK, but I did have to resort to a liability waiver form to keep him happy.

I really wish I could of invited everyone with an "open" invite, but concerns about permits, the neighbors and more importantly, how many people my wife would allow to decend on our home forced me to work from prior lists etc. (which have a way of growing magically!).

Next year I am not sure where I am going to head with this - we initally expected 40 people this year (which was really pushing Sheila's comfort zone), but several no shows brought it down to a total of 31 I think. Around that number seems to work well actually. This sounds sorta uh... I dont know, bad in some way, but as head count comes together next year, I will need to decide if i go for a full tilt event, permits etc. - if I do, then the head count can grow (legally), then I will need to deal with the little darling wife!

Now lets talk bribery... I really could use... ;)

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I totaly understand, and kinda what I figured. Just throwing it out there to possibly get the name in the hat (hint hint)......lol

ComradeMikhail

Mi. Trail Riders
May 2, 2005
INCA said:
For the hare scrambles event I teamed up with Mikhail. We got in 7 laps but must have drawn low cards, I had 3 threes, and we wound up at the bottom of the standings.

Yeah, I drew a 7 and I think two 4's or something low. When I remember you saying you didn't want a team mate, you didn't have to team up with me, I would have been fine going alone, sorry if I inconvienced you, but thanks for teaming up with me. At least it was fun :).

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I missed you guys as well. I had a monthly IV of chemotherapy on Thursday, and didn't feel good on Friday and Saturday :(

And I missed riding that new YZ250! Sounds like it was a great time!!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Mikhail - There is the other side of the story, that will not be aired here. It was not an inconvenience to me at all. The first rule is to have fun and the second is to get lost. Both were accomplished.

Young Ted

Top Bottom