Forward air stink so who else can I use

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Well I went to price shipping a KX65 from Denver to Saltlake city. I was quoted over $434 if i use their container with a 14 day wait to get a container. And over $350 if I build my own. Just about a year ago I shipped a 3 wheeler from AZ to Chicago for $200. I was informed now that they have a flat rate for motorcycles now. WTF! How can you have a flat rate. I'm shipping a 120lbs bike not some 550lbs harley.
So just wondering if anyone has tried to ship a crate with 120lbs of frame, misc plastic, and rubber. Or if there is anyone else someone reccomends to ship. I know I can break the bike down and use FEDex but that is a PITA.
I really think Forward Air is taking advantage of the fact that a lot of people were shipping motorcycles through them. I shipped a PW50 for $54 Now that same trip is $400. Just ticks me off.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Just make sure you've got the right size spinner for the lugs on your trailer. ;)

B

biglou

Michman shipped my XR50 to me from Michigan via UPS for $55. Shipped it in a ktm65 cardboard container. See if you can find a container for a small bike, take your bars off, and drain all the fluids. You'll have to pay oversize/overweight fees but it will definitely be cheaper than $400.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I work with a guy that ships a ton of stuff by bus. He buys and sells on Ebay and bus is his favorite mode of transport. I don't know what kind of deal he gets but it must be good. He's on vacation for two weeks so I can't ask any details right now but can can when he gets back.

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
The guy drove to Portland from Corona CA to pick up my XR500. All the time you spend thinking and fretting about this dilemna could have been spent driving across this great country. Heck, I just drove down to Santa Cruz from the Puget Sound last month. If my 6-month old girl can sit there and ride for 12+ hours so can you. Cost is low for a drive like this, you might have to spend one night at a truck stop.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
You can call my company. 1-800-610-6500. We have a plethora of shipping plans from budget to guaranteed service.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I work with a guy that ships a ton of stuff by bus.

Jesse James ships parts for finishing by bus all the time. Good point.

Top Bottom