karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
My son and I are wanting to go riding on Saturday. Does anyone know how well Fox Valley drains after heavy rains. We have had alot of rain this past week, around 3 inches probably and I wonder how it will be on Saturday. My son has just started so his experience level is not real high. He has a hard enough time with hills without throwing mud in the mix.

I don't think they are open during the week so I can't go by and check.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
just opened today

with our weekday hours. will expand those hours again in a couple weeks.
we mowed at FVOR all day today and its high and dry. I would bet tommorow will be a busy day so come early would be advised!
I will have the new hours posted on the site tonight.

e mail me anytime you need help or questions for FVOR

thanks

wardy

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Wardy

We went out today and it was great. The kids loved it and we will definately be back. I was suprised how dry it was considering the amount of rain we have had in the past week. Other than water crossings and the occasional mud hole in low areas it was perfect. Were you not open yesterday? I thought the website said you would be open Friday and I was hoping someone would respond that rode yesterday. We went anyway and it was fine.

Will you be posting details about the harescramble on the 19th?

xrdtrider

May 4, 2002
Karterron, I live in the Fox Vally area (algonquin) and I never heard of this place. Where is it at? Its not Buffalo park range in Ottowa is it?
My daughter just got a xr 100 and I need a place to take her out to practice

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
xrdtrider

No it is not Buffalo Range and if your daughter is just starting I do not recommend Buffalo. I have two boys (9 and 11) and they just started also. They have ridden twice after yesterday to be exact. The first time we went to Buffalo and yesterday we went to Fox Valley. We will be going back to Fox Valley every time now because it is much more kid and beginner friendly.

The trails at Buffalo are made by dirt bikes so they are narrow and difficult to navigate for a beginner. The one thing Buffalo has over Fox Valley that I'm sure Wardy is looking into is a better SX or MX track for the little bikes. Biffalo has one with gentle hills or jumps depending upon the speed they are willing to attain. In my opinion that is the only thing better at Buffalo.

Fox Valley allows ATV's so the trails are wide enough for them to go through. They have large hills or the kids can go around the bottom if they want. There are probably 5 miles of trails that are very easy for the little ones. At first I was not wild about the idea of riding with ATV's but yesteday more than half of them were kids and the adults do a good job of going slow and watching where they are going.

Let me know when you go and maybe we can meet up. We will be back next Saturday as long as it doesn't rain.

Check out his website at:

http://www.megacross.com/foxvalleyor/index.html

You'd think I own part of the place. We just really enjoyed ourselves yesterday. The kids are still talking about it and can't wait to go back.

Top Bottom