wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
I tried to install my new FRP handsavers on my stock KDX handlebars, but the vibration reducers at the end of the bars got in the way. One reducer just wouldn't come out and I ended up messing up the stock bars in the process.

I bought new MSR aluminum handlebars but the 5/16" nut at the end of the handsaver doesn't fit inside the end of the bar. I'm guessing that it is supposed to go inside the bar; the instruction sheet says nothing about this. (Nor does the instuction sheet say anything about vibration reducers in stock bars. I'm a newbie and I would've appreciated that.) :|

Has anyone else had this problem? Do I need to drill out the end of the handlebars to get these things to fit? Should I try to find a smaller flathead screw/nut combo that will fit instead of drilling? :think:

Thanks for any help you can provide! :worship:

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
You should have gotten two different size hoses and nuts in your hardware bag, for the different size bars. If not you just need a smaller nut and piece of hose to fit in the handle bar. Are these new? If so, I would call Jeff at FRP and ask for the missing hardware.

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
OK, I finally got the aluminum handsaver bars installed in my "new" handlebars with the use of my trusty hammer...

Trouble is, the clutch & brake levers don't fit inside the handsavers; they actually sit well ABOVE the handsavers. Now I want to install the plastic guards on the handsavers, but to do this, I will have to:
- remove the aluminum bars I JUST put on.
- drill holes in the bars for the plastic guards.
- saw the ends off of both levers so they will fit "in" the handsavers.
- bang, beat and bend the aluminum bars until they move up enough to "enclose" my levers.

These things are a TOTAL pain in the a**. Am I the only one who has had these problems? Are all handsavers/barkbusters this much trouble to put on??? I would have gladly paid more money for a custom fit. I realize there are lots of different handlebars out there, but geez, this is much more than I bargained for.

Top Bottom