Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004
Well, other than some bruised ribs, a minor concussion, and a few other nasty bruisings on my legs and arms, Halloween at Ocotillo was GREAT! :cool: Seriously, I had so much fun and I'm happy I got to meet so many nice people. I'm gimping around a little today, and trying to teach class while I slur my words from the pain meds (and the concussion) has been interesting, but I really do feel lucky. My bike runs fine, too - so no complaints from this end. Thanks to everyone who shared fire, food, and stories; thanks to Fish, Fng, Kx Steve and the gals from TT for pushing my riding abilities (damn those hills!); thanks also to the boys, Connor, Brett, and Wyatt for helping me learn to catch air on their "track." I can't wait for the next ride (sans collision). I hope to see ya'll again soon. :)

fish525

Jun 6, 2004
well all in all it was a grate trip glad to hear you are ok and next time we move to larger hills remember what I said RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT :p all you need is more time in the saddle you did great :aj:
oh ya Wyatt say hi

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Heather, glad you're not seriously hurt. I have to agree with Mike, you looked a little shook up when you got back to camp. I'm glad to hear you got back on the bike on Sun. I was afraid the crash might have scared you off the bike for a while. That west end of Ocotillo does get crowded that's why I try to head east when I go for a ride. Next time I'll show you some of the areas east of pole line rode where you don't have to worry about the idiots. :cool:

It was a great day out at the dez. My only regret was I had to leave on Sat. evening. That first loop we did was great though and had me wore out. I need more rides like that to get into shape. :ride: It was great meeting new faces as well as seeing the ones I already knew. :aj:

fng2moto

Oct 8, 2004
Tink, what everyone else said :) and...hang in there with the riding, pretty soon you'll wanna sell your bike to Tawnya (mine) and buy a bigger one to eat up those big hills :aj:

It was great meeting you and everyone else. Hope to see you on the 13th.

(Anyone mention that yet?) :laugh:

Bye :yeehaw:

Apple

Oct 31, 2004
Hey Heather, it was good to meet you. Mike, Fish and the rest, same to you guys.. Heather, I`m glad you didn`t get hurt by that nasty get-off I heard about.
Heard you kept on riding - yeah! Don`t let the dope riders get you down.

Jack

fish525

Jun 6, 2004
Tinkrides said:
What's on the 13th?
its sidewinders at the dip over in ocotillo off the 8 due a little racing hang out with sum really great people and due sum rideing oh and its the roadrunners meeting and thanks giving party so that means eat to much and DRINK way to much :p
so come on out if just to hang out and play ride

dante

Mar 24, 2004
I could'nt find you guys

I tried to look around and stuff for signs and stuff off of main "street" and i never did find Devil's slide and I ended up camping out... I tried to call but the phones did'nt work... oh well I'm glad you guys had a good ride... What did the signs that were put up say? lots of people put up signs I bet i drove right past... It was dark after I got there... I did'nt sleep at all cause those four wheelers ride all night long! Then I broke my knee cap riding near my house sunday and have been home all week...

Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004
:yikes: Good lord, Dante!? Bummer you missed us. The first sign was right off the 78 just after the airport and it was neon orange. It said DRN, TT, SoCAL with an arrow. There were signs every 50 feet or so - all bright orange. I know Fish and Steve tried to put up glow sticks for night, but some got stolen! Sorry to hear about your kneecap, too... Here's to a quick recovery!

dante

Mar 24, 2004
Tinkrides said:
:yikes: Good lord, Dante!? Bummer you missed us. The first sign was right off the 78 just after the airport and it was neon orange. It said DRN, TT, SoCAL with an arrow. There were signs every 50 feet or so - all bright orange. I know Fish and Steve tried to put up glow sticks for night, but some got stolen! Sorry to hear about your kneecap, too... Here's to a quick recovery!

a quick recovery to you also... Sounds like you were really charging out there! oh well next time I'll make sure to find everyone... I did'nt expect to see so many people... I guess I figured their would be only a few groups and I'd just see the signs and could call if I had a problem... I could'nt believe how many people were there...

fng2moto

Oct 8, 2004
Yeah, real sorry about that. You know what? GPS man! I double checked the map on socal that Steve put up with the red dots, jeez, it was like almost perfect! I know it was dark and all but really the last dot was almost sitting on top of where we were at.

When fish and I went to check the signs, you were right, the very first sign we put up was kinda messed up, then on the second trip out someone had actually taken it but the other little signs were still there.

Try to make the 13th even if it's to just hang out with the bum knee. Fish might need some company if he can't get his bike back together.

I'm rootin for ya fish and my fingers are crossed! :aj:

dante

Mar 24, 2004
fng2moto said:
Yeah, real sorry about that. You know what? GPS man! I double checked the map on socal that Steve put up with the red dots, jeez, it was like almost perfect! I know it was dark and all but really the last dot was almost sitting on top of where we were at.

When fish and I went to check the signs, you were right, the very first sign we put up was kinda messed up, then on the second trip out someone had actually taken it but the other little signs were still there.

Try to make the 13th even if it's to just hang out with the bum knee. Fish might need some company if he can't get his bike back together.

I'm rootin for ya fish and my fingers are crossed! :aj:

I don't really understand it but my knee is feeling really good... It's only been 9 days or something... I don't see how it could have been fractured but X-rays don't lie... I'm already back on the bike! My back got more tore up from the knee's hit.... Back's all better too pretty much... I did'nt even bother to fill my prescription for pain cause it was pretty minor really... I do have to keep my knees movements very deliberate but I can play a ride some... I'm going to try and make it out to Superstition... I think it will be easier to find you guys with the signs I'm sure you'll put up, as well as I'm sure their will be less people than halloween it was crazy...

fng2moto

Oct 8, 2004
According to steveh and captainuno, I think they're saying we're gonna be right off of Huff Rd or very near. I posted another question to them at the other site.

Either way, a Roadrunner banner is suppose to be very easy to spot and should be a lot of people.

I think Steve and I will be there Fri, steve maybe Thur, but fish said maybe not til Sat morning for him

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
i'll be there friday around noon,

The Dip is located on Huff Road, Directions from San Deigo:
I8 east to Dunaway Road,
Left on Dunaway to Old HWY 80 (Evan Hewes hwy),
Right on HWY 80 to Huff Road,
Left on Huff Road.
The pits will be located on the left hand side of the road approx 1 mile "PAST" Wheeler Road.
(there is was a sidewider sign at the turnoff on the main road last race in went to)

Look for the Roadrunner banner at pit row

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
hope to see ya there! not sure how the phone coverage is but if you dont still have my # give me an email an i'll send it off
Dante ya gonna make it out??

fng2moto

Oct 8, 2004
Look for the Roadrunner signage. I think Steve has to check in at 7 am and the race is at 8 or something like that. I'm gonna pit for him.

I've got a black Dodge Ram Quad with a 16 ft flatbed trailer, Steve has the same truck with a...some kind of Toy box thing.

I'm leaving tonite, see you tomorrow :cool:

Fish I hope you make it :aj:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom