G9 vs cheap dslr??

RedGreen

Jul 20, 2005
Since christmas is coming up, I figured now is a good time to spoil myselfe and get a new camera. I'd like to take pictures of just about everything, from moto to scenery to people, but I don't want to spend my entire month's paycheck, so probably around $500 would be a good starting point.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the G9?? I've heard nothing but good things about them, but wondered if I should go for a dslr?? would the dslr be worth it at only a $500 budget?? I don't have a whole lot of experience with the mechanics of a camera, but I've been told I have an eye for good shots, so I thought the G9 would be a safe bet.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ian

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I have no experience with the G9, but I do have a Canon Rebel DSLR. On a 500 dollar budget the DSLR is probly not a good choice. The kit lens you get is mediocre at best and it's at least a few hundred bucks to upgrade.

I would suggest a quality point and shoot to see how you do, then try to budget for upgrade. The results of a DSLR with good glass and someone who knows what they're doing are impressive!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…