gas running out overflow tube on uphills

rlbranson

Dec 24, 2003
I have a problem with my 98 kdx200 losing gas out the overflow tube on uphills. It really gets weak on a long up hill. the carb doesn't piddle at any other time, but it leaves a trail on uphills. The float rubber tip looks great even under a strong magnifying glass. I searched around but couldn't find another thread with this exact problem. as i said it only floods on uphill inclines. I will probabley replace the float needle but wonder if there is anything else to do or look for while the carb is apart. thanks for any help.

bob

Racer X

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2004

Just losing fuel on uphills? Sounds like float level to me. Check that while you're replacing the needle.

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
I had a problem with mine doing similar. I had just put in a new needle and adjusted float level a few months ago. I found a ring of goopy slime on needle and seat. I ride the bike often so I dont think it was an old gas problem. We live close (Phoenix area). Maybe its the additives in the gas we use here. I use Maxxima 927, could have been a reaction to something in the oil/fuel?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…