jacobone

Feb 3, 2003
i right now have a 12 tooth countershaft sprocket. and a forty other
i am thinking about switching back to my old 15 countershaft cause my tire now just spins and i can't get good wheelies so do u think it would hook up better or worse

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
You'd be gearing higher, which would give you more top speed, and less acceleration. If you have constant wheelspin, its safe to say you could stand to move up a bit. A 12 tooth CS sprocket is hell on a chain anyways!

jacobone

Feb 3, 2003
cause now when i am on like a backroad and stand on the gas the tries spin and i think i could be getting better hook if it didn't

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
well like, uh, thats like totally a really small front sprocket if you wanna do really cool wheeliz you should go back to your stock front sprocket and go up 2-3 teeth on the rear sprocket or something

Seriously that is definately a really small front sprocket. Why did you go that small to begin with? You should not need to go more than 2-3 teeth on your rear sprocket to get the gear ratios to your liking. This will consequentally offer better traction. Also not to rag on you any harder than I already have, but if you present questions in an intelligent manner,( Non- AOL instant messenger ramblings) meaning sentence punctuation/structure and CAPITALIZATION, you'll get much more intelligent responses. This isn't meant to insult you just to help. Some of the guys on this site are a whole lot more harsh than I. I'm just warning you in advance before you get some of the smart @$$ responses they'll give you because of the way the question is presented. Theres alot of really intelligent people here that can help you, but unless you present it in an intelligent manner they'll probably just ignore it.

Last edited:

jacobone

Feb 3, 2003
Sorry. I went that small because I was doing alot of mud so I needed the low end power. but i still do but now I think it would be better for my whole bike if i swithed up the front. Pluse I have a friend that has an xr250 and I want to be able to waste him even more than I do now. :)

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
:) I think going back to stock on the countershaft sprocket would be a very worth while mod. Again I wasn't trying to bust your chops, just helping ya out. ;) Good luck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom