rwild

Oct 25, 2004
I use walmart 10w40 in every bike I have owned never had clutch or gear problem I ride woods I ride fast and hard and never had any problems dont wast your $$$$ on name brand oil

Feb 6, 2005
DONT put that hypoid gear oil in your bike dude. It is a real thick oil and is not intended for our bikes. Its for shaft type transmission bikes or something like that. what happens if you put that oil in your gearbox is that the clutch plates will slip because the oil is much thicker then what is intended. they are right about the 10W-40 its about 1.70 at walmart and I have used it for quite a while myself and have yet to run into any problems but you will run into probs with that hypoid oil. hope its not too late.

hunter

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
ATF type F, very cheap and works great, like it better than all the other name brands. Can get it at autozone, pepboys, walmart etc.

kxmike

Feb 2, 2005
dude ive been running for like 2 months with no problems at all. ive pulled holeshots and won races with it. so what oil do you roccomend. maxima mtl 80w or oem (kawachem 10w-40)?

Feb 6, 2005
any 1.70 dollar 10W-40 I personally use castrol. but yeah dude the hypoid oil is not for motocross. As far as damage... i am not sure if it actually HURTS the bike but i dont know and I dont want to find out on my bike :) (hypoid oil that is)

Hunter

Top Bottom