Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
What legal recourse does a person have(edit: when someone) refuses to return family heirlooms (after over 4 months of admitting they are yours through e-mail and phone messages - all saved) and promising weekly to send them back but never does?

I have e-mail and phone calls from (edit: the person) where promises are made over and over to send them to me ASAP (this has been going on for months and months). I have pictures of the items with my family members (several deceased) that would positively identify them as mine.

I've tried all the reasonable avenues available and cannot seem to gain the return of some very important and valuable family heirlooms.

(I made some edits eddie, PK)

Last edited by a moderator:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Judge Judy?!

No, seriously Eddie....do you have a lawyer? If you've got photographic evidence, plus saved e-mails and telephone calls with (pomises) to return the items, you can take legal action to get the items back.

I almost wonder if you can call the police and report it as theft...you didn't (gift) the items right?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Maximum suckage Eddie and very disappointing. It would seem that having obvious proof with photos as well as traceable emails it would be reasonably easy to take care of but the sad part is that it even has to get to that level in the first place.

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
I believe that if the value is 5K or less, you can (go) to small claims court. If over the 5K mark, then you should hire an attorney. Sounds like your case is solid.

I believe the application fee for small claims court is $25, then you write in order the events in which they took place. Include your emails, pictures etc. and voila, present to the judge.

If (the person) has any ounce of integrity, (the items would be returned). These things belong to YOUR family.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
File suit and (serve the papers).(an) order to appear in court(will ensue). (request the items be brought to court).

Get a lawer.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm Sorry Eddie. I'm sorry that you are having these troubles. I'm just not comfortable having this out here. It's not really the place for it.

I also apologize for all of the edits. I don't want to see any useful information get lost in the postings. It was the only way I could keep this up here without the whole thread becoming inflamatory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom