Racer X

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2004
Moderators, I hope you will allow this post. I would also really appreciate your sticking this at the top. I pretty much stick to posting in CanadianDave's JustKDX, but this will get more exposure here.
On the WERA motorcycle roadracing forum, a highly respected individual in this sport, Barnacle Bill http://www.racingleather.com/ posted this plea on the WERA bbs:

Custom Barnacle Bill Suit 5.00

here's the details. Christopher is a little 12 year old boy that lives ar the end of my road. he was born with a hole in his heart and underwent 4 major surgeries when he was just weeks old. during one of the surgeries he had a disabling stroke . he can walk but he can't run. he can't talk but he can sign language. his right arm is only 10% as his right leg. he loves nascar racing. he has 3 younger brothers that love him dearly and help him all they can. christphers parents are in their late 20's . his father works 2 jobs and his mother is a teacher's aid at the local school . they are active in their church youth groups and his father is working to become a minister. christopher now had a rare blood disorder. they removed his spleen last year but they just can't find out what is wrong. his white blood cell count is so low and his immune system so impared he can no longer go to school . needless to say all this has wrecked havoc on the families finances. I can't watch this young father carrying his son in his arms or the care the rest of the family shows for him without a tear coming into my eye. I just found out this morning that they had to let their car go back when the lease was up. they are using a loaner from her parents. I want and need to do something for them. I want the wera family to help me. I could just make a donation but i can take that same money and buy materials for a new custom suit . I did this for the airfence fund . help me do this for christopher and his family . every single penny of your 5 dollar donation will go to this family. I think enough of you know me to know this is true. I would think just send in your donation along with your name and address and phone number which will go into a general drawing and darethea can pick the recipient of the new suit right after the first of the year and then the details can be worked out then. it just feels like the right thing to do . I would really like to have a least a 1000 people donate and get into the pool. input is appreciated . I plan to do something even if this is a no go. tell me what you think. emails and phone calls are appreciated. I AM BARNACLE BILL my email is barnacle@kyol.net my phone number is 859 336 7375 moderator if you have a heart you will stick this thread up at the top of the list. thak you all for your time. as always the best to all. barnacle bill and darethea

Moderator edit

barnacle bill's
1106 logan road
springfield, ky 40069
you may put attention for christopher powers

Dave Arkle a.k.a. (diet)DrThunder is local and has offered to handle Paypal donations for Bill. E-mail address for Paypal is: fundforchris@expertfriend.com
please see his post on the next page for details.

EDIT to add link to WERA bbs. This fund has already raised over $9000 for this young boy's family, but his needs are huge. I hope this will stir your hearts this Christmas season as it stirred mine.

WERA bbs

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I don't know that anybody would want to see me or Gomer in a leather suit :yikes: but just in case they do I'll get a few tickets :laugh:

Racer X

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2004
Thank you, guys. I'm telling you these guys really surprised me. Everyone is born with inherant goodness in their hearts. Christmas is all about giving, isn't it? This deal has really pierced my heart with the way these folks are responding. We are really going to make a difference for this family. One guy (Terrance) is working on giving them a used car as a donation. The guy Dave who set up the paypal account is absorbing the cost of the paypal fees, which are going to be high. If you can send them just $5 it will make a difference. It adds up. Please help them if you can.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Can people just mail the $5?

Racer X

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2004
Patman said:
Can people just mail the $5?

Absolutely. Any amount will help.

barnacle bill's
1106 logan road
springfield, ky 40069
you may put attention for christopher powers

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you all.

Top Bottom