Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Although I am cleared to ride and the damn dirt is near perfect I'm helping Mike (fatherandson) drive Lafferty's RV to the Unadilla GNCC for the weekend. We meet Friday at 4:00 and head to NY. I'll get a chance to see the track, several races and watch Juha ride. I've been volunteered to be the Saturday evening cook and make go fast food for Junior.

So my next chance to ride will be Oct 8-9 weekend before DW.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Yeah have fun! We have wanted to check that track out for a long time!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
It sure must be rough Fred...hang in there, I know it will be a tough job but you are up to it...

So, what happens to you if Junior ends up not going fast?

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
KTM Mike said:
It sure must be rough Fred...hang in there, I know it will be a tough job but you are up to it...

So, what happens to you if Junior ends up not going fast?

All I can think of right now is an earlier post about "explosive diarrhea"....careful with the hot sauce Fred!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Have fun Fred & Mike,
I know what road trips with you guys are like.
Drive safe.
Don

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I got back home at 6:30 AM this morning, took a 2.5 hour nap and went to work. What an experience and it was cool from the perspective of being in the pro pits in the KTM USA rig. Met lots of cool people, talked to Juha a little. Got to see all the pre race, race time activities and hung out with Al and chased Mike around for the day. Saw some bar to bar between Robbie and Mike. Rode MTB bike all over and checked out the racing from many different locations. Drove to and from the race in style in the Lafferty Rig. Did chef duties on Sat night, got to watch some football including the U of M-Wisconson game and the State game. Total rider count for the 2 day weekend was clost to 2000!!! A lot of bikes out there. It was amazing how fast the quads ripped up the course and trashed it in one day. Then the rain came and made soup for the morning race Sunday but by the afternoon race things were pretty good. Juha is something to see and I'm glad I did -that dude rips. Go to a GNCC sometime if you can.

freddy

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
MWEISSEN said:
All I can think of right now is an earlier post about "explosive diarrhea"....

My words actually stuck with someone! :laugh:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
Sounds like a great road trip.... any pics of pit row action?

Yes, in my camera. I have to get them developed some day but I have a few pics left. It was a dispaosable camera so I'll have them make me a digital disc too.

Funny Story. Last GNCC before Unadilla Juha ran out of gas on the course and bummed some gas from a rider to get to the pits. Well the team heard he ran out fo gas and left the pits to find him and gas him. Juha pulls into the pits and no one is there so he gasses his own bike and takes off!

So this race at the pit stalls it has #20 - Lafferty FULL SERVICE and the next stall it has #111 JUHA-SELF SERVICE
Now thats funny I don't care who you are. I have that picture.

michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
Actually Fred T wenrt to give Lafferty a new training tip. Mike was getting tired of all the umbrella girls so he thought he would try an umbrealla midget. ;)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
michman said:
Actually Fred T wenrt to give Lafferty a new training tip. Mike was getting tired of all the umbrella girls so he thought he would try an umbrealla midget. ;)

Yeah, Jenks wanted to know how I saw over the steering wheel when I drove that puppy in. :moon:

:moon: <- our new team logo?????

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I was surprised those signs stayed up all weekend. Even after the big wigs from KTM got there. Self service - very funny.
I agree with Fred, these guys rip in the woods and the MX track. I would go to another GNCC, but to watch only. I have no desire to ride these events. Unadilla is a perfect facility for this event - lots of parking and pit area. 1,700 riders, pit crews and spectators and it only took us 15 minutes to get out of the parking lot with the rig.

KTM Mike - $12 got us a entry to two days of racing (4 races). A much better deal than $10 for a D14 hare scrambles.

Top Bottom