Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Just got back from Fla...

Just to summerize our trip heres how it went:
1.Left Thursday night Feb 28th and drove to about Kentucky and slpt in a bank parking lot.
2. Finished the drive to SC and arrived at CAW. (Carolina Adventure world) riding park and camped, grilled out went to bed.
3. Sat 8:30 AM went riding all singletrack for 3 hours at CAW, washed bikes, loaded up and headed for the Sandlapper, got to the Sandlapper, set up camp and signed up. Cooked out and went to bed.
4. Rode the Sandlapper- Results posted but I was thrilled to wind a 3rd place and get a trophy especially tossing 3 points in by mistake and still only 5 points total off first place score. Rode with a fund bunch and made some freinds. Mike and Paul did well too. Then after the race we showered up combined out food with a couple guys Patrick and Tony-ate dinner and watched super cross.
5. Monday morning loaded up and went to St Augustine Fla. got a campsite-Paul visited his uncle and grandpa and Mike and I walked the beach-ti was in the 80's. Went out for seafood that night.
6. Got up early and drove to the Triton GNCC and watched the race all day and then went to the Start of the Allegator, stopped in New Symernia beach and had a great seafood dinner.
7. Got up early Wed and set up camp. prepped the bikes for the "gator and Paul arrived with a Pick up truck his Mom lent us. He stayed with his uncle tuesday and tuesday night.
8, Thursday rode the "gator. 93 degrees!!! Hung out after the race for scoring and talked to lots of people and lo and be hold I won another trophy, this time 5th out of 25 guys and only 4 points off first place pace! (These guys are in mid season form and in great shape. Paul got 7th in his class. We ate some track food and headed for the AMA flat track races. Watched the flat track and came back and went to bed.
9.Friday we went to Daytona Beach and walked the beach, ate lunch on the pier restaurant and walked around to see the "BIKE WEEK SIghts" Whoo man what a friggin' zoo!! That was an experience. Went back to camp and waited out the rain until 6 PM, went to the Supercross and they started it early so we missed the first 2 Lites heats, saw the rest and ti rained on and off like cats and dogs. HARD! What an exciting race even in the rain. This was the only bad weather we had the entire trip! Went back to the RV and watched SX on Sat TV until the storms took the sat out-went to bed.
10, Got up early and loaded up and headed back home by 8:30 AM. Drove straight through, Except for an accident in Georgia that had us stopped on the highway for 45 minutes-we watched mudd bogg racing on the sat diah while we waited.
11. Arrived home at 10:05 AM. Whew what a trip!!
I have about 125 pictures that I made a DVD with. :cool:

Here's a shot of the awards I won down there last week.

Attachments

• results.jpg
    results.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Sounds like an awesome trip Fred!! I like the 'gator trophy, pretty unique!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Not much that I can add to Freddie's description of the vacation...we had a couple of camera malfunctions. The pictures we missed on the beach of St. Augustine, we made up for on Main St. of Daytona....what a zoo!!! I could not imagine spending an entire week on Daytona Beach.
Our travels including a couple of days of....we do not have to do anyting...we are on vacation! Very relaxing and the weather was awesome (except for Friday night, but it was nice to see to pro mxer prove they are mortal).
We were discussing 2009 plans....I will be part of the group who is looking for an extended weekend...ride the Sandlapper and then spend a day or two at CAW on the way home. It would be very difficult to top this vacation...I may need to wait a few years before a return trip to Bike Week.

YZweisse396

Nov 23, 2007
Man Fred that sounds like a great time. I'm curious to know, what type of tires did you run down there? Is the soil much different than Michigan?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
nickolino said:
OH ah Freddy my ? is doe's your helment still fit, Or do you have to buy a new bigger one?

I once asked a wise man named Zambon about his weigt loss and he told me he stopped eating, it really helped his speed so I decided to try it. It helped but I have more to lose yet before the D 14/15 season begins. The weight did not transfer up to the head from my gut so the Arai still fits great. :cool:

Andy, I just ran the Kenda Millevilles down there and they were fine. SC is very sandy and Fla is sand, really soft sand, muddy sand and Monkey balls. (Palmetto Roots) Some of it was fun and some of it was not. SC was all fun.

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
Well I guess the azzhole is right put down the fork and go to the gym. And get a yamahaha and cheat like Chad reed. Pizz on that I'am going for a chocolat sprinkle and vanilla ice ummm thats what I'am talken about.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
nickolino said:
Well I guess the azzhole is right put down the fork and go to the gym. And get a yamahaha and cheat like Chad reed. Pizz on that I'am going for a chocolat sprinkle and vanilla ice ummm thats what I'am talken about.

You should talk to that Zambon guy, he's a genious! :nod: The only Yamahahahahaha I have is the mighty TTR 125 for Erin. Blue is just too pretty for me. Now I do like that Kaw KLX 110 though.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
The 110 boogie :cool:

DSC01249.jpg

You look better on the 110 than that 08' "Wrinkled Ball Hauler" E start 250 :nener:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
DW-"Hello, my name is Dewayne"

Response -"Hi Dewayne, welcome to hecklers anonymous, do you have your graduation certificate from Anger managment class?"

DW-"No, I didn't make it past a week."

Response_ "Oh boy, this is going to be a tough one. Sit down, shut up and just listen Dewayne"

DW- "Pizz off, I'm outta here you M-F'ing bunch of hose bag wussies"

Group- "Whew, that was close! pass the brownies...."

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Da Fish'n good! :rotfl:

I figured the “Wrinkled Ball Hauler” comment would send ya over de edge! :laugh:

All bullshat aside, I think I seen an empty spot on the WBH to place another guard protector…. Pretty soon you might want to install a Warren wench on the front and paint that heap John Deer green! :nener: Good looking alligator Freddy :cool:

Hey where do you get them rim stickers?...I want to install them on my trash can.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Hey where do you get them rim stickers?...I want to install them on my trash can.

I don't think they will stick to it with all that polish on it but you can try. Is it true you trash can is gold annodized and polished? :nod:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Sounds like a great week, love the Gator plaque!

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
Wolverine423 said:

So you bought a Honda? 2t or 4t?

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Whats wrong with Honda? I don't think their gas caps leak, do they?... :think:

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
The Next Corner

Wolverine423 said:
The 110 boogie :cool:

DSC01249.jpg

You look better on the 110 than that 08' "Wrinkled Ball Hauler" E start 250 :nener:

HEY DW,
HE DIDN'T SHOW THE PICTURE OF THE CORNER AFTER THAT WHEN HE WAS EATIN THE ROOST FROM THAT KX 100 :yikes: IT STILL IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE BEST RIDER THAT WINS. :nener:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
D.LEATHERS said:
HEY DW,
HE DIDN'T SHOW THE PICTURE OF THE CORNER AFTER THAT WHEN HE WAS EATIN THE ROOST FROM THAT KX 100 :yikes: IT STILL IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE BEST RIDER THAT WINS. :nener:

Ya know Dave you seem pretty fast behind that key board, now I'm a 53 year old man and any time, any day you want to enter an enduro we will see who is the fastest. Are you man enough to take me on? Pizz on your Portland POS HS track, I'm talking real tight woods riding, name the date and the race.

For the record I beat that KX 100 because he couldn't corner with his broken clutch cable, get your facts straight.

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Hmmm! Fred I see that old age has effected your memory, cause I do believe that the KX-100 did smoke you a couple of the races. :) He is actually yelling (pleading) don't lap me in front of the camera :)

Congrats on the southern hardware Fred.

Brian

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
:nod: AND NOW LADY'S AND GENTLEMAN LET ME INTRODUCE FACTORY FRED THOMPSON!!!!!!! THE FASTEST MAN IN MICHIGAN IN OR OUTA BED. Oh did I say best cook too.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
nickolino said:
:nod: AND NOW LADY'S AND GENTLEMAN LET ME INTRODUCE FACTORY FRED THOMPSON!!!!!!! THE FASTEST MAN IN MICHIGAN IN OR OUTA BED. Oh did I say best cook too.

Thanks Nick, I appreciate the props. :cool: Hey, will I get to sample some of da fish in Marquette this year? I couldn't make it last year. :bang:

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Dang Fred your times looked really good down there, and it sure sounds like your confidence level is way up. After cleaning up down south when those guys are already in mid season and winning your class last year I think you're ready for the SS-A class this year!

Top Bottom