Going for a pitbike but dont kno if i should trust it?? any help

nickman1209

Dec 29, 2006
i am planning on buyin a pitbike. the klx 110 or drz 110 are good and trusted but to be able to jump and really get going you have to mod it out alittle and really dont have the money. and ive been told that buyin the "real Pitbikes" such as thumpstar and sdg break down pretty easly and its hard to get parts and get them worked on. any really good trusted pitbike brands out there where parts and service are availiable. if i was to get a trailbike pitbike like the drz 110 or klx 110 how much would i have to put in it and what would i have to do to it . thanks

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
pit bikes are pure play bikes. you will have to spend some cash to make it go fast, and jump. if you are going to buy one, get the KLX, i saw a video of a 14 horse power one, and it was fast as heck. it is also very easy to find mods for them, just look a BBR motorsports, they have loads of mods for them, I also think bore kits. Trust me, dont get some chinese crap that breaks down the next day(my friend has one) so i know.

colt45

~SPONSOR~
Sep 10, 2007
I have an Orion agb 29 and a coolster X3. Both very nice but I would have to give the edge to the X3. Suspension is a little better and the engine is a little smoother

colt45

~SPONSOR~
Sep 10, 2007
Yeah you can get parts for them and I have been hearing from alot of people that you could put parts in them from a Honda or a kawasaki Not sure if its true but that is what I have been told

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Getting parts is indeed the biggest issue. I don't have any problem getting parts because well I am the distributor LOL! No doubt about it though there are MANY bikes sold with zero intent of after the sale parts support and it drives me crazy because I feel like we are the only company that thought "Gee people that buy our bikes might like to keep them going." :bang:

But I digress... I have a pack of Pit Vipers and contrary to what some folks believe based on knowing a guy that had a crappy bike I have seen almost no failure due to anything besides crash damage.

Nope Honda or any other make are interchangable with most China bikes as far as engine parts. Some other pieces sure but we're talking controls, plastic and chassis stuff not engines.

Bottom line is you need to decide what you really want and how much you have to spend. If you want a full on mega mini with all the best name brand pieces you won't get one for less than $5000 at best. If you want a good quality mini that works darn near as well as the high end bike and you are willing to do a little wrenching yourself there are viable options but there are MANY MANY more pieces of crap available with pretty bling and no parts support well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom