bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
so come on guys, i bet you all have loads of shims around, have you found any other good uses for them other than suspension.

i just used a couple of 6mm and 8mm shims to make my well worn but favourite clutch perch/lever good again.

so lets hear some good shim applications! :thumb:

dbrace

Oct 30, 2002
Um.... I have so many 24x.15 kyb fork shims that i will trade you for 6 pints of luke warm.....I also find a plusher action by running 9 .1's against the piston face instead of using 3 .15's and yes i know they aren't 100% comparable.
ps Steve Wuagh Kicks ass.

dbrace

Oct 30, 2002
Um.... I have so many 24x.15 kyb fork shims that i will trade you for 6 pints of luke warm.....I also find a plusher action by running 9 .1's against the piston face instead of using 3 .15's and yes i know they aren't 100% comparable.
ps Steve Waugh kicks ass. Sorry my wife was furious that i spelt his name wrong.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The 0.15s are only comparable at low deflections-at high deflections the 0.15s are alot stiffer, so that explains your differences.Just stating this for the people who dont know why they are different.

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
You can also use the shims to space the gap between the engine and the frame before the engine mounts are tightened down. Kaw sells them over the counter just for this purpose.. It helps cut down on vibration and frame stress.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom