Goshen, IN enduro (11/2)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
Who is planning to go to this race?

I will be there running gas for some friends.  This club has been awarded a national enduro for next year.  They did an excellent job in 2002.

Fatherandson,
Do you have any contact info for this race? Is there a web site with key time info and such? Thanks.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
I will be there.

Magoo...you should go to Byron, IL for a warm-up! Can't get a pass for the weekend??? Hahaha

Don Marsh

Subscriber
Farmer Tom,
You better put some SLIME in the KTM tires, two flats in one race!
Maybe you should just practice riding a wheelie for the whole race.
Later,
Don

Magoo

Subscriber
Originally posted by nate_z
Hahaha
Don't cause trouble, nate... shouldn't you be studying or something???
I think if you back off your power-valve, you'll do better at this enduro than you did at the last one! Jeez, didn't your dad almost beat you?
Have fun, I'll see you at Goshen!

nate, next time i give you a free-b pass at the beginning of a race, don't crash 3 turns later. this "a" class stuff is new to me. just ask that "fast guy", magoo. nate, you might want to consider a auto clutch for the katoom.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
From the pit crew perspective, the weather was great.  It rained on Sunday morning until we hit the Indiana border.  The woods were wet, but not impassable.  I could not tell if the riders had mud on the bikes or manure from the fields.

Here are some brief overall results:

Brent Dubois - 30

Leroy Keen - 31

Aaron Adams - 32

Ron Scharphorn - 32

Jeremy Garber -32

????  Stokey - 33

Other DRNers did well - Tom Dixon was 1st in the Jr. C class and Don Marsh got a trophy in the Sr. C class.  I saw INCA at the awards ceremony, but did not hear his name for a trophy.

The IRON MAN award goes to Magoo - he broke his toe at the two mile marker and finished the race.  How bad was the broken toe???  When he finished his boot was full of blood.  We called the ambulance as the bone and tendons were exposed.  Needless to say, Magoo spent the night in the hospital in Goshen.  Heal fast my friend.

I look forward to a return trip to Goshen next year for a NATIONAL enduro.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
Congrats TD! Nice way to finish your C-class career. 2nd overall D14!

Don - 1st overall C-Senior D14!!! By 2 points! And was your buddy Brett Campbell (English/Australian accent?), the guy that Hi-pointed?

http://members.tripod.com/treewhacker/2003cc.htm

2-Toes Magoo! :scream: If those boots are too bloody to wear, consider some SIDI Force replacements! At least it was the last event of the year. Heal fast bud!

Really wish I could have made it. Had everything prepped, loaded up, and hooked up ready to roll early Sunday morning. Only got a few hours sleep Saturday night so decided to bail.
:(

I'm taking Don's advice and reserving all the district enduros as soon as the schedule is published.