Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I know a lot of people get sick of those of us who've been around a bit longer saying "do a search". At the moment we can't, due to the search function not functioning properly, so you're forgiven ;)

As I'm running an old computer (read slow), I find some programmes don't function properly on here (doesn't help I refuse to update from Win95 either). I'm running a programme called "Opera" just because it does sort of function.

Anyway, to my point - I'm trying to research commonly asked questions for the FAQ and Opera only shows that there's pages 1 & 2 in this forum, so I click on page 2, scroll to the end of that line & delete the 2 & put in another number, just looking at old posts. Punched in "145" and wow, it comes up - it's around this time last year's posts.

Okay, I haven't found what I was looking for, but I thought some of you newer folk should have a look at the older posts - especially if you haven't realised there's more than one page here.

It's also an example of why some of us are happy to subscribe or be support team members - someone's got to pay for all that storage. (that was not the reason for the post, I'm honestly always amazed as to how much data is in here & the other forums, too, for that matter).

Oh, while you're looking around, if you find posts or topics of interest, make a note of them & maybe start your own FAQ topic thread - to be added whenever it seems everyone's okay with it ;) Just a thought ;) hehehe (I have seen the other topics to be looked at, but it honestly is too painful at the moment)

There's going to be some irony showing up when I finally get around to the 220 piston problem post, but it will be a lesson on careful what you say, you may live to regret it ;) Actually, I'll just post the links now, but I know there's more on the subject out there, I just haven't come across more than these 2 threads (apologies to Fatty_K in advance, I really wish it hadn't happened :()

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67457
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36897
to be read in sequence to get the irony of the situation (sorry, I'm in a wierd frame of mind & have a warped sense of humour at the best of times)

Last edited:

alan250f

Apr 5, 2003
Thanks for the heads up, I may be new to this forum, but know how annoying it can be to get asked the same things over and over....

Top Bottom