Graphics and fenders for XR250R

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Ok I have a 1991 Honda XR250R and it has White fenders and white fuel tank and I want red plastics but everywhere I look it says its either for 1996-2001 so I was wondering if anyone knew a website that has Graphics and front and rear fenders and also the Side panels? I think I asked this a while back but I can't find the websites you guys gave me. Thanks Matt

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
You’re in for a whole lot of searching!!! I have a 1995 XR250R and there are very few aftermarket accessories for any pre 1996 models. I have been looking at Maier USA; they carry a whole line of plastics for our bikes. I have heard many complaints about the quality of their work though.
Now, as far as graphics go you have a few more options. Factory Effex makes several nice sticker sets for the older bike. I am getting rid of the purple side panels on my bike by custom cutting new backgrounds for them. Just keep looking through all the catalogs you can get your hands on!

Good Luck.

Lee Wilson

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Ok thanks I have been to Factory Effex before but it has been awhile so I will go there and look. Thanks again Matt. Its a shame we can't get anything to make our older bikes look awesome again and besides mine will 1991 XR250R will kick ass just like a 2002 so there is no reason why I shouldn't make it look newer.

tstorms

Aug 10, 2001
I have a '93 XR250 and recently had your same problem. "XR's Only" has alot of parts and plastics and may put you in touch with someone that has something they don't. They are the most knowledgeable folks you'll talk to. Factory Effex has OEM graphics, I have '98 graphics from them on my '93. This bike has barely changed in 10 years. Check UFO plastics and your local Honda delaership as well.

tavdog

Jul 12, 2000
I looked in Chapparels (sp?) catalog and found red platic for just about the entire bike. The plastic is Mier. The catalog is at school, so I will get back and tell you the price and what you can get in red if you still need it.

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Hey thanks for looking for me. That would be great if you could get the price and the parts you can get in red like you said. I went on XR's Only's website yesterday and found a MX style rear fender by Acerbis and a Front Fender by Acerbis that only come in Black and White and they have a cool Tank graphic's and a cool seat cover that come in a set for like $74.95. So I thaught what I might do is put Black Fenders,Black Front Disc/Fork covers, and Black Side Panels on it and then have the Red and Black tank and seat cover. I have seen a Honda XR400R I think it was like this somewhere and it was awesome. The only thing that bothers me is I don't know how good the Black will Show Scracthes(Spelled that wrong)but I will have to see but I would still like you to get me the price on that catolog and with the Red Plastic. Thanks again Matt

tavdog

Jul 12, 2000
Well it is Friday and all so I just wanted to get out of that place(school), Sorry but I forgot the catalog. I know you can get a red front fender, red rear fender, red side panels, red shell cover for the light, red mud "thing" for the back tire to protect the shock. I will get you the prices monday night.

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Has anyone seen a gripper seat for a pre '96 model XR250R? I saw one today on a '95 like mine but no one could tell me anything about it. It was made by CEET.

Lee Wilson

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I just got done looking through XR's Only and I found a great seat/tank combo for $75. This is GREAT!!! My bike will soon look very nice. Once it's done I will post tons of pics!

Lee Wilson

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
I saw one today on a '95 like mine but no one could tell me anything about it. It was made by CEET.
Ceet will make any cover with any of their designs for basically any model - you just have to special order them. It's not cheap. Had a non-slip cover done for my XR200 and it was around $100 my cost (dealer).

tavdog

Jul 12, 2000
XR400RMan

sorry for the wait. Here it is.
Maier Plastic:
Rear F: red, 32$
Front F: red, 24$
Side panels: red, 57$
Fork and disk gaurds: red, 23$
Headlight Shell: red, 21$
Rear Susp. linkage splash guard: red, 9$

Thats everything in red that I have found for your bike.

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Thanks alot for that information tavdog. Do you know if Maier has a website that I can order the Plastic from? Thanks again Matt

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
http://www.maier-mfg.com/

I have been using Maier plastic on all my bikes for years, it holds up. The finish is a little dull, but 1 trip through the brush makes new plastic dull anway. you have to drill your own mounting holes, but if you take your time it is no big deal.

Last edited:

Top Bottom