Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I just want to say that you guys did a great job, much improved over last year and I liked that one. Arrowing was great, trails were awesome. I know you did some trail trimming and the little ORV we rode was understandable to get to the compartments. Great job on check placements, ample resets, some start controls and we were outta there by 4 PMish. :cool: I had a great time today. And I finally had a clean ride for the most part. :nod:

I enjoyed helping Cody and Skippy into the last few sections when Codys caliper broke off. It was fun riding with those guys -perfect weather too. Dust wasn't too bad either.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Congrats on your excellent ride.......fastest old geezer!

:cool:

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
I had a great time as well. My 2nd enduro and I actually finished this one. Thanks for all the hard work everyone put in for us to be able to do this! Looking forward to next years Treetopper!

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Great event. I thought the event trail was laid out really well and made it fun. It was tight trail, but the turns were not setup too tight so you could still run a fun pace. The ORV trail was fine and mixed things up. Arrowing was top notch. The one time I missed a turn from an established trail to new trail (my fault) there was a WRONG WAY sign so I got right back on the trail. Thankyou! I've missed turns at other events but there was no wrong way sign and I ruined my race. :bang:

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
This was my first attempt at an enduro race. ( I did the FES once earlier in the year )I have no others to judge it by. That being said, I had a nice experiance and will no dought try to make it to others. I was happy (and I"m sure the most others were also) that I had a late minute and was able to stay out of thier way.

DLeathers: Sorry I missed you at sign up . I did talk to either your sister or sister in-law Sat night. Maby next time.

Now out to the garage to try to strieghten my sub-frame out.

Again, thanks to those who worked on the event.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
I worked check #7 with my parents and sister. It was a perfect day to be in the woods! Several riders voiced positive opinions of the event and not one complained or whined! Good job layout and arrowing crews. Any idea who the top finishers were?

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
That was a fun enduro. I definetly liked the first section the best. Sorry I didn't stick around for points, but I had a dinner date with the relatives to get to.

bbarel, I don't know if you put your bananas in my cooler by accident or not, but in any case, thanks for the bananas. SEAN

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Even from the standpoint of someone who worked the event - this was a blast! I really was wishing I was riding it! I did ride the whole trail Saturday for a bit of pre-race burning it in, and then on Sunday Pre rode to the road crossing I was on - did not want to get off the bike at the crossing! After that CR250 and I rode sweep - still great trail after everyone was through!

Uh Duckboy - where is you new user name Light Boy? ;^)

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Since this was my first and for my own understanding. On a scale of 1-10 how should I rate the difficulty of this enduro compared with the others in this series? Also is a plated bike always needed ?

Thanks, Rick

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Joey2Balls said:
I rate it a 3. Its considered a lower michigan easy.
I think we have a troll from above the bridge. Watch out or we'll send Wildman up there to take care of you.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
How's da fishin' there J2Balls?

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
Thanks for the use of your generator Mike!

No problem. Sunday morning was tough however...Aaron showed up for the generator before I had my first cup of coffee. :yikes: :yell: Not a pretty picture - me without coffee. Fortunately he did wait a minute for the pot to finish brewing!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
bbarel said:
Great event. I thought the event trail was laid out really well and made it fun. It was tight trail, but the turns were not setup too tight so you could still run a fun pace. The ORV trail was fine and mixed things up. Arrowing was top notch. The one time I missed a turn from an established trail to new trail (my fault) there was a WRONG WAY sign so I got right back on the trail. Thankyou! I've missed turns at other events but there was no wrong way sign and I ruined my race. :bang:

Thanks for the feedback guys! The Tree Topper event was an idea developed by Thomas Dunn - the thought was an enduro for the district BY the district. We had a lot of help from District riders and many of them are on DRN. A big thank you to them!
The pre ride crew included CR Winters, KTM Mike, TCTrailrider and all were on a check crew. 24mph joined the sweep crew and worked a check. Thanks for all of your efforts!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
salgeek said:
Did anyone see Wildman on the ATK? The signs made me laugh. :)
I didn't see Wildman 1 on his ATK at either restart, but I was busy watching numbers. However, there was a man with a hammer that could be wild after downing a Bud Light.

YT2

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
I Had A Blast!!! 4 Of Us Rode Sweep From Start To Gas. I Just About Fell Off My Bike When I Read The Wildman Signs On Sunset Trail. I Had To Stop At #612 To Explain The Wildman Story To Ken Kessler Who Was Riding With Me, What A Hoot!!! We Then Went Back And Re-grouped At The Staging Area And Pulled A 15 Or 20 Mile Of Trail North Of #612, With Myself, Ken K. & Dave Van K. On His Jackpiner. Sorry I Missed Trophy Handout And Bench-racing. If Anyone Needs A Ktm Radiator Guard I Know Where There Is A Pile Of Them Out In The Section We Pulled. I Hope To See Everyone At Trailfest.
Dave L.

Top Bottom