Greenie wants to bump someone

Due to GreenHorn's generosity, someone can get bumped from regular member to subscriber.

I'm open for nominations!

nikki

Moto Junkie
I've clicked through tons of names in the "total time online" screens all the way through people with a 30 mins a day average - and it seems like everyone is either LSTM, STM, or subscribers!!

How about having some sort of contest for the registered users... like a few quiz questions about DRN or something like that. First one to answer all of them correct wins.

Something like:

The ring leader? Ans - Okie
The mean Einstien dude? Ans - Rich
How many DW's have taken place (previously Spodefests)? Ans - 4
What year was DRN founded? Ans - 1999
How many members? Ans - 33,000

Etc.... ?

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Most of you spend more time on here than I do. (That's scary) :) So I am pretty much leaving it up to the rest of you to think of someone who is deserving of a free-bee. Be it a contest or whatever...The only thing I'd like to see is that it goes to someone who genuinely gives a sh-- about others on the boards and isn't just your average wanker. :) I even thought about posting the Free Subscription in the general forum and ask members to come up with a short paragraph on why they deserve/ need the free upgrade. This would atleast be a way to get an idea of how a person conducts themselves. ie. The guy who types,"I wont the subsrition cuz I a good rider" wouldn't cut it in my book. :) Anyways, I'll let the rest of you all collaborate and decide who gets it. :thumb:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
How 'bout this...I was thinking of giving it to Patman. I think we need to take him DOWN a notch. :laugh:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
How about T-07 :p

or on a more serious note Weimerdog has been around since 2000, and always seems to add something beneficail. Even though I don't go into the vintage forum much, or care about VORs ;)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Highbeam is always in the Support Vehicles forum helping us out. Unless there's something about him I'm unaware of, he gets my nomination.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Ya know, I kinda like the begging by writing a paragraph senario. :p I spend a fair ( remember I have halfheimers ) amount of time wondering why someone would spend any amount of time on the site and NOT see the value in becoming a subscriber. Maybe we could learn something from the reasons expressed.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
Besides Farmer ohn, Highbeam is the only one I have met! He seems like a great guy, I forgot all about him!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Aight, we'll go with the nominating thing. :) So far we've got...

Highbeam - 2 votes
Weimedog - 1 votes

Since you guys have mentioned them they both have appeared to be decent individuals from what I've seen as well. Anymore votes/ nominations? :)

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
I'll vote for Weimedog. He lives about an hour from me and is a great guy.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
I like Tony's line of thought. Sort of like an interview.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
I nominate old "woodsy". This guy is 48 yeas old, and has been riding non-stop since he was 6. I have never met anyone with more pure enthusiasm for the sport, or someone who completely exemplifies the comradery that is a big part of it as old woodsy does.

Woodsy is known over on the MTR forum for his colorful and detailed ride reports. This guy rides day and night (seriously, under the moonlight at 2am), in the heat and in the snow, on the ice, and even wheeling over the Mackinaw Bridge crossing the straights of Lake Michigan. This guy sleeps out on the trail, under trailers, in sleeping bags, in the rain.... and still rides his ass off the next day. He put in 6,000 miles on his dual-sport KX-500 last year!

He's also pretty active in the "What Bike Do I Get..." forum, where he spends over 1/3 of his time. He's always happy to share his wealth of old-school knowledge, insight, along with some pretty funny bench stories if you have the time.

Woodsy's Profile: http://dirtrider.net/forums3/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=27856

Woodsy's Posts: http://dirtrider.net/forums3/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=314857

Last edited:

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Weimedog gets my vote. He live about an 1 1/2 hours from me and he is also a very good guy as RM_Guy says. :thumb:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
Hmmmm.... I see the criteria logic now...

Old Woodsy lives about 2 hours from me, so I guess Weimedog's got him beat! ;)

Last edited: