m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
what do you guys use instead of grip tape? theres some stuff called stomp grip traction pads but, i heard it wears off very very quick. do you guys use just regular skateboarding grip tape? can you get grip that is a finer grit rather that very rough grit? i have nice boots and i dont want to tear them all up. thanks guys.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I had a rough grip tape on my 125 all last year. It was excellent for helping me grip the bike, but it killed my boots.

I had it on my frame & air box. Where my boots rubbed the air box it rubbed right thru the leather. They're done now!

I think I'll stay away from grip tape from now on. Not worth it at all, in my opinion.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
thats what i was worried about. i didnt know if you could buy a fine grit grip tape.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
3M makes some rubberized wet area traction tape.

Mar 16, 2007
IndyMX said:
I had a rough grip tape on my 125 all last year. It was excellent for helping me grip the bike, but it killed my boots.

I had it on my frame & air box. Where my boots rubbed the air box it rubbed right thru the leather. They're done now!

I think I'll stay away from grip tape from now on. Not worth it at all, in my opinion.

if you were pro and had an endless supply of free gear would you use it? does it help alot or just a bit?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom