kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
I hate being the "girl" and having to ask for help but....

I dumped my bike this weekend (Ocatillo) and need help fixing it. The bars look bent but I think there is more that needs to be repaired (i.e. tripple tree, bushings etc). Is there anyone who would be willing to take a look at it for me and give me guidance as to what needs to be purchased or ordered so that I can get it ready for the next ride?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :cool:

Petra

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
On the KDX, the bars are rubber mounted. The soft rubber cones inside the mounts will get tweaked in a bad crash, and even new bars will not fit straight until you loosen the bolts that come up through the top triple tree and re-tighten the mounts. You can buy urethane replacements cones. More vibration, but less likely to tweak the bars in a crash and may give more precise steering feel.

Forks will also twist in crash. Loosen the pinch bolts and straighten them out by wedging the tire against something solid and pushing on the bars.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
if your local (san diego area) id be willing to help a fellow rider, most of it an easy fix im sure, like dirt dave suggested probably just needs tweeking

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Kx Steve H said:
if your local (san diego area) id be willing to help a fellow rider, most of it an easy fix im sure, like dirt dave suggested probably just needs tweeking

I would really appreciate it as long as you aren't too far away! What part of San Diego are you in?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Petra.

Sent you an email.

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Kx Steve H said:
im in clairemont, where do you live??
Hi Steve,
I'm in Temecula...

Temecula Tim stopped by after work today and gave it the "tweeking" it needed. He did mention I should replace the bushings though... All I have to do now is remove the throttle grip and clean out the sand and re-apply the grip or buy a new one. Should be simple (we hope anyways!!! :yikes: )

Basically, I should be good to go! Maybe I'll even get to go for a ride this weekend!!!

Top Bottom