Had a terrible day transporting my bike, need suggestions

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Masterphil said:
Come on now! I've done much more stupid things than than with the bike in the back of the truck

(I got a little carried away with this one...)
1.JPG

Masterphil that picture is ridiculous and equally hilarious. Thank you for the humor I couldnt stop laughing for the longest time when I saw that. A picture really is worth a thousand words. :rotfl:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Viewing the beautiful artwork, and visualizing the catastrophe in my head, I can see the rear of the bike lifting under hard braking (the straps will loosen at that point) then the fender will crash into the rear window, the wheel will turn, and then, if there is enough G force, the entire weight of the bike will lift up and over the cab. Of course, I don't think my truck has that kind of stopping power, well at least not without the assistance of a wall.

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
Ok, thanks for the heads up on my mounting location for the tie-downs. I'll buy some sort of hooks and mount them to the bottom 2 points of the floor nearest the front side corners. I'm also going to buy a wood 4x4 block and use another tie down or two to wrap the swing arm and then attach it to the rear floor. Should be good after that.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Believe what you want, but I'm 100% confident that my bike will not, under any condition other than a crash, even slightly budge when in the back of my truck.

Top Bottom