daz59

Jul 7, 2005
This one really gave me the ****s, came off the back of the bike doing a small jump, the bike landed on its right side and I fell on top of it, some how my hand went in-between the chain and the swing arm, the chain was running along my rist, my hand was stuck in there had to really pull to get it out, lucky the engine went to idle and died 5 seconds later.

If the wheel was spinning fast who knows what could have happened, hand could have got caught in the spokes, chain could have opened my wrist up, makes me cringe when I think about it!

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004

Attachments

• homer_simpson_doh_110w.jpg
    homer_simpson_doh_110w.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 337

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Ouch!
A couple of years ago I was at physical therapy for a head injury. I saw this guy there wearing a Fox t-shirt and his hands bandaged up. I said something to him about that had to hurt, did you do it riding? He was like yeah.."I was attempting to do a superman seat grab for the first time...when I went to get back on the bike my hands slipped. I ended up grabbing the chain" His fingers were mostly cut off by the chain and sprockets. He had severe ligament and muscle damage. He said he is never riding again. I asked him what kind of bike he had...Raptor...quadders...

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Spinning parts can tear you up quick, that's for sure.

A guy I used to ride with almost lost his hand a couple of years back. Dumped his CR250 and some how ended up with his hand getting stuck in the rear spokes. My buddies that were there said it was nasty, his hand was basically dangling off his wrist by some skin and ligements. A few surgerys later and he's back riding now, and just as fast as ever I hear.

Dec 19, 2004
I was spinning the rear tire on my bike while it was on the stand and i was whipeing the chain off with a rag it got cought and brought my finger in and it crushed my finger nail

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
WD-fourD said:
Do you really have no hand? Hope you dont mind me asking...
:) no I'm normal, I took that user name because I heard about that "no hands" landing trick. I was hoping to try it someday. Finally I'm too chicken to try it but still got the username...well

notenuftoys

Sep 3, 2004
My nephew lost 25% of his thumb when he was about 3 because of a chain/sprocket. It was on a piece of farm equipment, and put his thumb on the chain, kinda fascinated by it, and it sucked his little thumb around the sprocket.

Thems are dangerous things. I agree with the PW50 comment.

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
I was racing a BMX national race in Arkansas when I was younger, I recall someone got their fingers stuck in the chain and the sprocket. Paramedics and some pretty mangled fingers. And that was on a bicycle. D'oh.

I like keeping my fingers.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I had a friend in elementary school that didn't have ANLY toes on one foot. They got cut off by the chain and sprockets on a bicycle. She insisted on never wearing shoes...even on her bike. After that she always wore shoes while riding her bike. Later on she was riding a skateboard without shoes and ended up without one of her toes on the other foot.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
When I was a kid I had my bike flipped over on its seat and handlebars to work on it. I had put the wheel back on and adjusted the chain. About the time I grabbed the chain with my finger to check the slack, my little brother decided to grab the pedal and start cranking. It pulled my finger right into the rear sprocket. He stopped peddling when he heard me shreek. There I was with my finger stuck. I told him, "Keep peddling you idiot!" I got my finger out and it was mashed up but still there. I had a hole in my finger nail and another one just above the fingernail. It took 6-8 months for the fingernail to grow out and look normal again.

Top Bottom